Seminole Co. Ramblings

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Pitched top water in Seminole for a spell today. Didn't get a rise. Time for a change of lures next time out.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Believe it was in March when these bass were caught in Seminole, out in front of Spooner's field. Caught 7 that day from 4 pounds up to 8 1/2. Some tournament fishermen came by and couldn't believe it. They had not had such luck. When I decide to bass fish, I usually catch a few good one's. Here are a few I have photo's of. I believe in catch and release, in hot grease.

Attachments

• 10399731_1038532143317_7010841_n.jpg
    10399731_1038532143317_7010841_n.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 47
  • bassin.jpg
    bassin.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 47
  • bass70.jpg
    bass70.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 46

Triple BB

Bass will be on the bed some very soon. Can't wait to be back to Seminole. Fishes better now than back in the day IMO. Favorite place on earth.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole, SW Ga. Fishermen coming by the dock say the main lake is still stained. Our smaller connecting lakes are clear as a crystal. Probably why they're fishing in here.

Attachments

• docktoday.jpg
    docktoday.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 42

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
55 degrees at Seminole at daybreak this morning. Still not seeing any fish activity in shallow water, nor at the dock where it's six feet deep. Must be hanging out deeper in a comfort zone.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Checked the Flint river and Spring Creek this afternoon while on a trip to Bainbridge. Both are very muddy and flowing strong.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tried some late afternoon bass fishing in the Cypress Pond area. Didn't last long, the little black mosquito's were too much. Believe i managed about five cast before giving up. Should have taken a thermacell.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lots of rain, water running through our hunting woods. But haven't seen any minnows or small fish in any of it. Believe when it's cold, they don't go with the flow much. When the waters quit flowing, and low areas become stagnant The mosquito's will be bad without minnows to eat the larvae.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Checking Lake Seminole today. Buck bass moving into the shallows. Bit good on plastic worm. Must have opened the dam, lake is almost down to normal level. Rain moved in around 4 thirty this afternoon, temps falling.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
At the dock few minutes ago, while the rain had quit a bit. Saw the first bass on the bed, about 2 pound buck. Someone will come along and snatch his lips sooner or later. Bass boats are on the water today. Too cold and wet for me. Lake Seminole on the Seminole Co. Ga side.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yesterday, Seminole was about normal level. Today, it's too high again. Up to the bottom of the dock at Cypress Pond. Noticed a few boats coming by today...

twtabb

Lots of water north of you. I was in Mitchell and Decatur county’s today and water was running in most ditches. It’s all got to come your way.
Spring is about here. Looks like another cold spell then that may do it.
Been seeing robins in the yard and blooms on the peach trees. I am hoping for some mayhaws this year.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yes on the mayhaws, haven't had a good crop in several years now. They are blooming, been checking them. This is how our mayhaw area looks now. It's mayhaw trees for several hundred yards. It's been several years since we had a decent crop of mayhaws. Had to wade to get em.

Attachments

• Mayhawslough.jpg
    Mayhawslough.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 41
  • getting mayhaws.jpg
    getting mayhaws.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 41

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole is down today, water running out of the connecting smaller lakes so fast it's got the aquatic weeds laying down with the flow. Finally could get the pontoon boat under the bridge at Cypress Pond. Took the boat out for a cleaning, put on new stickers and put a transducer back on that was knocked off last time out.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Fished four hours today in Hickory pond (lake Seminole connected) Didn't get a bite, was fishing with crickets. Gators were out in numbers. Slipped up on one close enough for a photo.

Attachments

• Gatorsem.jpg
    Gatorsem.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 28

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole, Ga side. Low water conditions, big lake should be clearing up a bit if it doesn't rain. Specks out near the channel in 20 feet of water. Minnows

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Out on Seminole today, just cruising in the pontoon boat. Talked to some fishermen who were fishing near the gator hole. Said they were catching big specks at night there. Another said he caught some specks out near the barge channel, Chattahoochee side of the lake at 20 feet. They are not catching the limit, but said the fish were large with the average catch of 10 to 15 or so.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Out on Seminole yesterday, just cruising in the pontoon boat. Talked to some fishermen who were fishing near the gator hole. Said they were catching big specks at night there. Another said he caught some specks out near the barge channel, Chattahoochee side of the lake at 20 feet. They are not catching the limit, but said the fish were large with the average catch of 10 to 15 or so.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole continues to be low today, with pollen floating on the surface everywhere. It's so low, I can get under the island bridge without taking the top down on the pontoon boat. At the dock this morning, noticed a few fish hanging around the dock, with one nice bass going under the dock. Also saw several bass strike out in the bonnets. They were feeding this morning.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
During our coldest times this winter, lake Seminole was held at a high water mark. Now that it's warmed up, it's at the lowest it's been in months. What this does is, high water when it's cold protects aquatic weeds that are submerged. Low water levels when warm allows more sunlight to those weeds, promoting growth. Knowing some love the weeds, but as a fisherman who likes to panfish and use more of the lake than is possible these days. Less aquatic weeds would be best. Nothing is going to get rid of all the weeds, we just need less. Maybe a politician will come down from Atlanta for a photo opt, a guided tour and promise some help. Help we never see.