Seminole Co. Ramblings

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Storming at lake Seminole this morning, began around 11 AM.

Attachments

• April24.jpg
    April24.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 19

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rain finally quit this afternoon. First time I've cleaned fish in a wind storm. Caught these out from the dock yesterday just before dark.

Attachments

• cleaning.jpg
    cleaning.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 16

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Rain finally quit this afternoon. First time I've cleaned fish in a wind storm. Caught these out from the dock yesterday just before dark.
Them windy fish’ll still
Make the grease stink.

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rain probably stained the rivers, and big lake Seminole. But our smaller connecting lakes remain fairly clear. But all that rain stopped the speck bite in our lake. Lake level is up about a foot from couple days ago, I'll wait til it goes back to normal before fishing again.

Bear10

The rivers are flooding in North FL from all of the recent rains in South GA. The woods should be washed clean. Turkeys and hogs will have to head for higher ground.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole is at the high water mark. Up to the bottom of some docks. Glad I built my dock a bit higher than most. Big lake is stained with the river channels looking like coffee with cream. Shellcrackers are on the bed anyway, lots of boats sitting out in front of Spooner Field, circling big beds. Catfish and hybrids are biting.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Big lake Seminole, SW Ga was rough today. I only stayed out for about 30 minutes. Just too rough to enjoy fishing. Moved to a sheltered cove and caught catfish and a hybrid. Got a mess, so that was good. The lake is high, and stained out at the river channels.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
May 1, Lake Seminole is at the high water mark. Have noticed when this high, the catfish bite isn't the best. But couple of us caught a nice mess of cats and one nice hybrid. Largest cat weighed about six pounds. Shellcrackers still bedding, we didn't see as many fishing them today though.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Wonder if this capsized boat has been here since the hurricane of 2018. Submerged next to an island in lake Seminole, Pretty near Saunders Slough.

Attachments

• May1 .jpg
    May1 .jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 24

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
A windy day on Lake Seminole, SW Ga didn't stop tournament bass fishermen. It's like there's a tournament every weekend. Those fishing tournaments spend most of each week running all over the lake trying to locate the best spots to fish. I'm not a big fan of bass tournaments for several reasons. One is, too much boat traffic with extreme Hp without much regard for local fishermen or boaters. They are after the money and that seems to be the only thing they can focus on. Secondly, if bass are caught, taken to a weigh in, released nearby. Those fish never come back to where they were caught, many never recover. Notice some tournaments are now having a referee on each boat who weighs fish caught so fish can be released where caught. I like that, but will never get used to being rocked violently while trying to fish.
Seminole has left the high water mark and heading back to a more normal level. Fishing should get better if the water stays down for awhile. Gets the fish out of the woods, fields and weeds.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
It's been a muggy day, overcast with sprinkles off and on. The lake hasn't gone down to normal yet, holding a few inches above normal. We haven't seen any boat traffic come by the house today. Days like this saves lots of fish.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Big tournament must be coming up. Never seen more high dollar boats with sponsor decals since I've been fishing Lake Seminole. They are everywhere, in the lake, at the ramps, at gas pumps etc. Somebody needs to warn the BASS.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Weekend passed and we didn't see one tournament boat pass by our dock. Nothing but pleasure craft and a few small fishing boats. Lake Seminole remains high. So high I have to take the top down to get the pontoon boat under the bridge. Doesn't look like a good week for fishing, nor for the last week of Ga turkey season.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Pouring and storming at Lake Seminole this evening. This kind of weather will keep the lake stained, making beds hard to spot. Solid sheet of water going across my land, headed to the lake. Wont need to water anything...lol

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Flint and Chattahoochee still muddy coming into Lake Seminole. Spring creek is stained too. Lake remains high.