Seminole Co. Ramblings

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
The boys and I caught 30 big crackers in Seminole this morning before lunch. My largest for the year so far weighed 2 1/2 pounds. Next largest weighed 2 pounds, and most were over a pound. Not on a bed, they are still full of yellow roe.

Attachments

• cracker 2 and a half.jpeg
    cracker 2 and a half.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

twtabb

Cruised by today left around the old power dam and went to Big Jim’s for a sandwich. Motored back up the creek to the house. Son took a few cast around some boat docks but no action.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Cruised by today left around the old power dam and went to Big Jim’s for a sandwich. Motored back up the creek to the house. Son took a few cast around some boat docks but no action.

Specks are back in Turkey pond now, They come and go. Catching them trolling with small diving baits or rattletraps. Some are nice.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole is up again, making me take the top down to go under the island bridge.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Word is, the carp gates are not operational, and no grass carp have been stocked. I believe it because shellcrackers and bream are beginning to show up at my dock again. Also seeing some good size tilapia. Didn't see this when the gates were working before hurricane Michael of 2018.

twtabb

Sitting in my swing up the creek. Watching sun going down drinking a cocktail. No boat traffic. Just watching the grass clumps float down stream.
Yard bird on the grill.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Crackers are on the beds, too many people on the lake for me. So, I cleaned yards today, checked the dock and boat and just took it easy this afternoon. Yesterday, worked on one of the hog traps. And went pond fishing for fliers and warmouth.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
farming has so much dust in the air, the sinuses know all about it. At the dock this morning there was a dust film on top of the water. Couldn't see past it. So, I cranked the outboard and kicked it out so I could see around the dock.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Corp has dropped Seminole to the low water mark today.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole continues to be low. Folks are wearing those shellcracker beds out. I've caught plenty just random fishing, not on beds.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good rain today, lake is still down a bit. Water is clear in most areas.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole is so low, I can go under the bridge to the island with the top up on the pontoon boat. Thought the boys would be coming for Mothers Day, and we would go out and catch some shellcrackers, but they called instead. I would go, but not in the mood for cleaning fish. And it's more fun with company.

twtabb

Son,
If you ever need a partner I am not far away plus my 15 year old would rather fish than do just about anything else.
He comes in from school and gets in his kayak to fish.

Attachments

• 93BD7A8C-9E00-476F-B165-2FE2F8F62349.jpeg
    93BD7A8C-9E00-476F-B165-2FE2F8F62349.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 19

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sounds like me when I was his age.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole continues to be low, over a foot lower than last month. Just in time for the hydrilla to get enough sun to carpet many areas of the lake by August. It's been happening ever year for quite a few now. Maybe it's nothing more than river flow and the oysters in Apalachicola. Maybe the sturgeon in the Apalach.,

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole is slightly stained, but we caught ten big channel cats in 15 feet of water, then went next to an island in about 5 feet of water and caught 12 nice shellcrackers. Lake is up about six inches from what it was last week. Probably due to recent rains. Nice cats.

Attachments

• catfish 29 may .jpeg
    catfish 29 may .jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 18