Seminole Co. Ramblings

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Fl turkey season opens saturday and they calling for rain and wind then cold so it will probably mess up the weekend
I noticed the weather, we don't open until April 1. four cams out that sends photo's, and I'm only seeing one mature gobbler rambling around on our property. That's not good. Only three hens so far. noticed bobcats and coyotes have moved in. Haven't seen those in months.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole is up a but, rivers are stained.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gale force winds, lake is up and a fellow was out in front of the dock fishing in a kayak.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
53 at Seminole this morning with breeze. The lake is up a bit, rivers stained.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Birds did not want to play this morning here in N FL. Light rain did not help at daybreak and the drenching rain and dropping temps last night.

Place I hunt down the road had a blowed up gobbler with two hens in a pasture yesterday afternoon but they were no shows this morning. Gonna give it a whirl this afternoon.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Yep, hunted a piece of public Sunday, barely heard a bird gobble twice from the roost due to the howling winds, think I heard him once on the ground but never could locate or get a response after.

After 10 or so gave up, got tired of the wind and cold.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Are any of you going to the Stewards Of Lake Seminole meeting Thursday evening, 6:30, at Seminole State Park?

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Are any of you going to the Stewards Of Lake Seminole meeting Thursday evening, 6:30, at Seminole State Park?
I would have liked to have gone, but been down with spasms in the old back. I did cover the Stewards in my newspaper column this week though. Also had a phone conversation with Steve Dickman.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole is high again, clear in the connecting lakes to the north. rivers are muddy, big lake stained and was rough yesterday some say. Good flow coming from Spring Creek through Grassy pond, Hickory pond and on through to Cypress pond and out Fish pond drain. Keeps the small lakes and channels flushed out.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I've noticed the channels between Cypress Pond and Grassy Pond have been cleared of obstructions. Looks good, and some reflectors have been replaced on channel poles. Some buoys continue to be out of place. Control of the Cuban Bulrush should be in the near future, it's all around my dock.

Attachments

• boat Mar 31.jpg
    boat Mar 31.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 9

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole is down another 5 inches from yesterday., Wont be long, we'll be able to see the stumps again. Noticed small bass schooling in Turkey pond.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole continues to drop. If this keeps up, I'll need a ladder to get down to the boat at the dock. Up and Down, that's how it goes with this lake and it can do either in a day.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole is coming back up, Was up five inches from yesterday.
And slightly stained in connecting lakes such as Cypress Pond, Turkey pond, Hickory Pond etc.. Should clear in a day or so.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Amazed at all the boat traffic on Seminole this morning.