Serenity in the woods

turkeykirk

Things have been different in the woods for me this year. I’ve been going to reflect, think and get away from the world (even if for a few hours). I always come back refreshed. One of my favorite quotes is: “Who else goes to the woods to find peace to only discover themself in the process? I find forests unclutter the mind with each breath the forests afford me. - Michael Poelti.
As I was sitting on the edge of a pasture in a river bottom this morning I called in this hen and her two fellas. Just watched them and never even raised my gun. Sounds crazy but in my older years it felt right. Just thankful I was able to be there!F4F80E3B-19F5-4DBD-BB12-0BC5643AF99D.jpeg

herb mcclure

Things have been different in the woods for me this year. I’ve been going to reflect, think and get away from the world (even if for a few hours). I always come back refreshed. One of my favorite quotes is: “Who else goes to the woods to find peace to only discover themself in the process? I find forests unclutter the mind with each breath the forests afford me. - Michael Poelti.
As I was sitting on the edge of a pasture in a river bottom this morning I called in this hen and her two fellas. Just watched them and never even raised my gun. Sounds crazy but in my older years it felt right. Just thankful I was able to be there!View attachment 1010726
Yes er, I too, like you have been there through the years enjoying the hunting of the turkeys, and now in my older days have learned that I enjoy watching and photographing the turkeys as you did today. My memories of the past world's days are superior to anything I can vision happening anymore. God knows the turkeys where I have always hunted need all the help I can contribute there to them, without killing anymore, as well as the officials in charge contributing at whatever level they are officially in.

Twiggbuster

I’m older now. In my younger days I would have probably taken that iffy shot on a bird yesterday. Or in my younger days I probably wouldn’t have that close encounter because of being impatient. I respected that ole bird and was privileged to share the same God’s little acre with him if only for a half hour.
Choot um if you want, watch um if you want.
Just respect.

CroMagnum

As I was sitting on the edge of a pasture in a river bottom this morning I called in this hen and her two fellas. Just watched them and never even raised my gun. Sounds crazy but in my older years it felt right. Just thankful I was able to be there!View attachment 1010726
Bravo! You hit the nail on the head. As I've aged, sometimes what I'm really hunting for is the solitude and peacefulness I can always find in the woods. Although, maybe that's what I'm telling myself since that's all I've found so far this season...lol

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
At 50+, I absolutely feel the same when I’m in the woods......it’s the most important thing to me and any harvest is just a bonus to celebrate.
Y’all are my friends wether or not you know it too:cheers:

wooly

Thanks for sharing that...that is what it is all about.

wvdawg

Staff member
Awesome hunt! Way to go!

frankwright

I really enjoy the peace and quiet in the woods. I put out decoys on a food plot and sat in my turkey lounger chair for five hours last week.
It was peaceful. I thought.prayed and believe there might have been a nap in there also.
But at 73 if I get the chance I am shooting a turkey!:)