Setting up

Codyray91

Setting up my mossberg 930. And I can’t not pick between jebs or Indian creek choke. Anybody shoots same gun or info would be appereciated. Thanks

deast1988

It’s the shell, if you want a solid long beard #5 or #6?pattern go Jebs. .665

If you want a TSS pattern go with a .675 Indian creek,

Federal TSS since the wad likes a tight choke (Jebs could work), apex, foxtrot, Nitro, they are traditionally loaded so you get better patterns with a more open choke.

With TSS you can cater the load to your preference. You want majority of the pellets super tight, or you want a solid spread that nothing escapes. You can achieve either by running different chokes.

BASS1FUN

The old choke tube decision can have you baffled, I’ve got a handful or so laying around, I’m not the guy wanting 300+ at 40 yards hunter either , I pattern my guns at 60 yards and that’s because the first bird I killed with my 3.5 12ga was that far and that was with a Hastings choke tube

Codyray91

It’s the shell, if you want a solid long beard #5 or #6?pattern go Jebs. .665

If you want a TSS pattern go with a .675 Indian creek,

Federal TSS since the wad likes a tight choke (Jebs could work), apex, foxtrot, Nitro, they are traditionally loaded so you get better patterns with a more open choke.

With TSS you can cater the load to your preference. You want majority of the pellets super tight, or you want a solid spread that nothing escapes. You can achieve either by running different chokes.
I’ve got several box’s of longbeard xr #5. I shot tss lastest year. But just not sure if I want go threw an buy 2 or 3 boxes of tss. May just use the xr’s

Codyray91

The old choke tube decision can have you baffled, I’ve got a handful or so laying around, I’m not the guy wanting 300+ at 40 yards hunter either , I pattern my guns at yards and that’s because the first bird I killed with my 3.5 12ga was that far and that was with a Hastings choke tube
Ok thanks bud

Swamprat

Swamprat
XR's out of a 12 gauge is about as close as you can get to a TSS for a fraction of the price. All I shoot out of my 12 with a .665, my BIL also swears by the XR's as well.

Will be shooting TSS out of my .410 this year. Not sure if I will keep factory choke or go Sumtoy or Indian Creek if I upgrade.

Twiggbuster

I’ve shot a jelly head with heavy shot blend with good results in a 935
Never lost a bird. I would like to step up my game with y’all’s better equipment but I’m just too practical .
Might try long beards .
Heavy shot just doesn’t seem to have the kick I expect.

Codyray91

XR's out of a 12 gauge is about as close as you can get to a TSS for a fraction of the price. All I shoot out of my 12 with a .665, my BIL also swears by the XR's as well.

Will be shooting TSS out of my .410 this year. Not sure if I will keep factory choke or go Sumtoy or Indian Creek if I upgrade.
More likely going shot xr’s hard to bet. I don’t like a fist size group. I rather it be more open all the way the pattern. But my opinion

Codyray91

Ya
I’ve shot a jelly head with heavy shot blend with good results in a 935
Never lost a bird. I would like to step up my game with y’all’s better equipment but I’m just too practical .
Might try long beards .
Heavy shot just doesn’t seem to have the kick I expect.
Ya seems like price can get a little much

Bubba_1122

If you're going Sumtoy you better get that barrel and standard choke to him. Otherwise you might not have it back in time.