Severe Weather 2024 -Thunder, Lightning, Rain, and "Spinny Things"

Mars

@normaldave, were you running the weather net yesterday? I was listening in on one of the Peach State Intertie repeaters and heard a fellow named Dave running the net.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
@normaldave, were you running the weather net yesterday? I was listening in on one of the Peach State Intertie repeaters and heard a fellow named Dave running the net.
No, not yet, but thanks for the vote of confidence. I was holding down my computer and desk at the office yesterday.

If I recall, there is a NWS Employee named Dave that is also an Amateur Radio operator that will often control the NET during severe weather outbreaks.

buckmanmike

Just had a strong storm in Randolph County. It blew out and broke a window in my cookshack. Heavy winds, small hail, rain. Sun is popping out now.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Just had a strong storm in Randolph County. It blew out and broke a window in my cookshack. Heavy winds, small hail, rain. Sun is popping out now.
Keep your head down Bro., sunshine has a way of turning a normal t-storm into the debil.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Tornado yesterday...missed us by a mile, quarter size hail today and heavy rain and lighting.

Been a bit sporty here in Bonaire.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
A storm chaser had that one live streaminng on youtube, I saw the last minute of it. He said it only looked like it hit one structure in the life of the tornado. Are you local to there, and as a fireman, can you confirm anything different? Lots of structures, casualties, etc?
I am a fireman for the City of Cordele, I’m off duty today. Some wind damage obviously, but I haven’t heard of any injuries yet. I saw the storm chaser video as well, it looked like he was on Hwy 300 when I saw it.