Severe Weather 2024 -Thunder, Lightning, Rain, and "Spinny Things"

BassRaider

Based on the models, I think our St Aug Beach vacation next week we may have waterfront at the door? Hopefully, we don't get cancelled and no damage is done to the area.

buckpasser

The morning updates on cyclocane moves it slightly closer to my area now now. Looking like somewhere north of Tampa, but could certainly change.

pjciii

I thought i heard a little wiggle to the west this morning. Looks as though stays over water for most part. @bilgerat do they think now that it may achive cat 4 or 5. I am conceding that it will achive cat 3.

bilgerat

Senior
I follow 4 or 5 independent inter web weather sites . They all seemed worried about this one . My 2 favorite sites are tropical tidbits and Mikes weather page

snooker1

Yep, the retards are out in full force. Long lines at the gas pumps, people yelling at each other for taking to long. Srores out of water and ice, cause some think it's the end of the world.

Last edited:

pjciii

I was looking at a run on tropical tidbits that had it making landfall between Eglin to Carrabell?

Baroque Brass

If the current track holds, I’m right in its path in SW Georgia. I remember what a mess Michael caused in 2018. I’m calling the propane company tomorrow to top off the tank so I can have power. Like last time, I’ll cycle the generator manually to save fuel. The generator is great to have but it sucks up some LP.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
this could be another cat 5 in Louisiana. I don't trust no weather man. Either way my burn plans are busted

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
If the current track holds, I’m right in its path in SW Georgia. I remember what a mess Michael caused in 2018. I’m calling the propane company tomorrow to top off the tank so I can have power. Like last time, I’ll cycle the generator manually to save fuel. The generator is great to have but it sucks up some LP.
One of those tracks brings it up here, I still remember Opal. Then I was in a house built in the mid 1800's with a HUGE (6+ foot dia. at chest high) oak tree on either side whose limbs crossed mid-house. Fell asleep watching my bedroom ceiling fan (along with the walls) sway 2 feet off center and listening to the gable tops bump'n against those trees. Man, they knew how to build houses back then.. IF it only had a basement. I live mostly underground now.