Severe Weather 2024 -Thunder, Lightning, Rain, and "Spinny Things"

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Geographically, Im due south of Boston Ga..few miles into FL. Luckily, this doesn't appear to be a Michael scenario where it keeps hurricane status 150 miles inland! Looses its punch quick at landfall with the front interaction.....fingers crossed!

campboy

One of those tracks brings it up here, I still remember Opal. Then I was in a house built in the mid 1800's with a HUGE (6+ foot dia. at chest high) oak tree on either side whose limbs crossed mid-house. Fell asleep watching my bedroom ceiling fan (along with the walls) sway 2 feet off center and listening to the gable tops bump'n against those trees. Man, they knew how to build houses back then.. IF it only had a basement. I live mostly underground now.

I remember Opal well

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
So do I. Very well.
Opal hit in here like the vengeance of the Lord. I was trying to get to work, and had trees falling in front of me and behind me. We lost about 250 trees at the place I was working at.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Opal hit in here like the vengeance of the Lord. I was trying to get to work, and had trees falling in front of me and behind me. We lost about 250 trees at the place I was working at.

That everlasting storm was still breathing fire and brimstone down here in Sowega when it straddled the Hooch and took off north. We worked for days...and nights.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Kinda looks like we’re all gonna get wet before this is over.