SGI red tide

pottydoc

Took the dog to the beach on the cape yesterday. He managed to find the only dead fish for 1/2 mile of beach and eat it before my wife could stop him (rotten pogie). Besides that no evidence of red tide. Hopefully gonna fish the Bay on Thursday, ill
report back on any red tide and/or fish.

Took the dog to the beach on the cape yesterday. He managed to find the only dead fish for 1/2 mile of beach and eat it before my wife could stop him (rotten pogie). Besides that no evidence of red tide. Hopefully gonna fish the Bay on Thursday, ill
report back on any red tide and/or fish.

Thank you. We will be arriving Friday and I'm pretty excited about the trip.

pottydoc

Fished from 8:00 am until 2:30. In short, it sucked. One bluefish, two lady fish ( jumped off two more), and puffer. Started down on the east end, fished out toward the CSB side. Didn't see one fish there. No Ray's or turtles either. The water was gorgeous, and you could see tons of white skeletons of starfish, sponges, sea fans and other soft corals. The west side had more life, that's where we caught the few fish, snd not nearly as many head sort corals and invertebrates. We say a good number of mullet, and a few schools of white bait. Over all, at almost every place we stopped you could toss our a live shrimp on a popping cork, and nothing would touch him. It's way worse than I had heard. Zero sign of any red tide, but the damage has been done.

That’s terrible news. We will be there today thru next Wednesday. I’m going to try to fish everyday. I’ll post updates. Dang. Thanks for the updates everyone. It can only get better at least.

Well I just got back from vacation. It was a beautiful trip. A little bit windy but it was nice to get away. On the other hand the fishing was not good. I finished hard for four days. I surf fished, fished Bob Sikes cut, and the bay. There were 4 adults fishing counting my wife’s family. We ended up catching 13 whiting and five sheepshead. The whole time I was fishing I also saw two redfish caught and a toad fish. And there were a lot of people fishing around me LOL. One of the redfish caught was out of a charter boat drifting through Bob Sikes cut. We did not have any problems with sore throat‘s or respiratory issues from the red tide. Nor did we see any dead fish or bad smells. But I think the red tide is definitely taken it’s toll on the fishing in that area. Hopefully It will recover soon. You can still catch fish but from what I understand not like normal.