SGI State Park....the good news!

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Not a better place to be. I'll be standing there in about 2 weeks.
We'll definitely be back! Short stay this time and weather wasnt the greatest to say the least. Did get a few wade sessions in Bay side before the wind shifted and blew all the grass in. Found some slot reds, short trout, and had a quick tussle with a 4' black tip that exploded on a topwater harder than anything ive seen in 2 feet of water!

Greene728

We'll definitely be back! Short stay this time and weather wasnt the greatest to say the least. Did get a few wade sessions in Bay side before the wind shifted and blew all the grass in. Found some slot reds, short trout, and had a quick tussle with a 4' black tip that exploded on a topwater harder than anything ive seen in 2 feet of water!

Did you stay at the campground? How were the mosquitoes?

Greene728

Mosquitos were bad in the campground...even during the middle of the day.

For years that was our go to place. But the last couple of years they have been so bad we didn't even go this year. Like you said, all day they were terrorists! And when the sun sets, it was an all out assault! Fans, spray, citronella candles, all were totally ineffective! I sure hate it to as that's an otherwise paradise!

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We were down in the plantation in June and I took my backpack blower/fogger down with us, sprayed the night we arrived before I went to sleep, woke up to quite possibly billions of dead mosquitos and flying ants on the parking pad, pool patio, and in the pool, took me 2 hours to clean them up. Never touched a can of off the whole trip. Will definitely be bringing it down every time we go