Shane Beamer

habersham hammer

I know there are not many if any other Gamecock fans on here but I had a question. How do you like Shane Beamer and do you think he will make a decent coach? Most everybody is not giving him much of chance since he has not ever been a head coach before. I do however like the passion he is bringing so far. Maybe it will carry on to the team as well. He has already tremendously helped our recruiting. :huh:

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Don't honestly know a lot about him. Seems to be a relatively intelligent fella that connects with players. Picked a rough place to try his hand for the first time.

stonecreek

I think he will be ok if given the time. Liked his dad as a coach. Recruiting is decent in that area. Just needs some time. Tuff division with Georgia and Florida in it.

Last edited:

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I think if he can do some strong recruiting, that's gonna be the key for the GCs to start the process of righting the ship.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I think if he can do some strong recruiting, that's gonna be the key for the GCs to start the process of righting the ship.

And here's where the problems may start. Spurrier succeeded in Columbia because he was a superior coach and even he was only able to recruit "lesser" talent(averaged somewhere around 20th nationally while there if I recall correctly).

With UGA, Clemson, Alabama, Florida, and to a lesser extent FSU and Miami in the area its a tough haul. I think the larger determining factor will be can he develop the talent that he is able to get as well as Spurrier was able to do.

TinKnocker

Pittman was never a HC either and also went to a perennial .500 team and had them playing really well in his first year. Arky should have won a few of those games with some better calls from the refs.

I don't really have an opinion of Shane either way. But he probably didn't pick the best place to start his HC career. It may make it harder to prove himself.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Not trying to throw a shadow on the Gamecocks but if Spurrier couldn't get them an SEC Championship, no one will. I sure am glad he's gone!

Beamer is a string recruiter and I think he'll do way better then Muschamp.

BanditOne

Need a couple of back to back years where they are in the top ten for recruiting. It’s not impossible based on location as look what Clemson has accomplished. Buddy of mine went to a game there in 2019 before COVID with an alumni neighbor of his and said it was the best Saturday game environment he has ever witnessed.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
I know there are not many if any other Gamecock fans on here but I had a question. How do you like Shane Beamer and do you think he will make a decent coach? Most everybody is not giving him much of chance since he has not ever been a head coach before. I do however like the passion he is bringing so far. Maybe it will carry on to the team as well. He has already tremendously helped our recruiting. :huh:
All coaches were never CFB Head Coaches until given the opportunity, I think he will be just fine once he settles in!

He may have a few rough years to start or he might be a success story time will tell!

Good luck until you play UGA! :cheers:

brownceluse

I like him. I think he’s got a great DNA as far as football. The problem is the expectations of fans usually ruin any good run these coaches have. So it puts a lot of pressure on the administration. Columbia is a great game day environment. That sandstorm deal they do get that place rocking. I hope he’s successful because I think he’s a class act. But it won’t be easy and he’ll need a lot of luck.

FootLongDawg

I have no idea how good of a head coach he will be, but I believe his rise to a head coach was done the right way. He has trained under some good head coaches and kept moving around from Va. Tech, Oklahoma, UGA and so forth. I am sure he has seen what works well and what doesn't. But he needs players, so his recruiting is going to be key.

MudDucker

Staff member
Heard nothing but good about his tenure in Athens.