Shark eats surfer

j_seph

Well not quiet. Anyone saw this picture? :speechles

Attachments

• SHARK.jpg
    SHARK.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 3,348

Toliver

That's ONE of the reasons I don't swim in the ocean. At least swimming in Allatoona the worst thing you gotta worry about is the Bream nibbling on your toesies.

(edited for obvious reasons:) Jim)

Toliver

TOW said:
It is a porpoise, not a shark..

A shadow like that is enough to keep me on shore building sandcastles.

DaddyPaul

If I was that "dude" you can bet one thing for sure! There would be another big dark object floating in the surf! ;)

southernclay

DaddyPaul, that's the hardest I've laughed in a month.

QuakerBoy

Dang Paul....then I'd have two reasons to be scramblin fer the beach :eek:

Arrow3

Two Words....

Pucker Factor!!!!

Timbo

Hey bender, you see alot of those in your town :D

Meriwether Mike

Whatever it is I would be doing my evaluation from the beach!! :speechles

Arrow3

Southern Steel said:

I agree....Can you imagine being in his situation...What if he didn't know what it was...What if it just popped up right there in front of him...

I hope dolphins dont like stink bait!!!

reylamb

Southern Steel said:
Naw, when you grow up near the beach and spend alot of time in the water as surfers do you learn to identify what else is in the water really quickly. I was a surfer dude growing up when I lived in Charleston and it was a blast. Having phins around was a good thing, as typically they do not hang around long with sharks in the water, so where there are dolphins there are typically not sharks. Plus, the dolphins would swim right up to the board and you could touch them. I only saw 2 live sharks the 8 or so years that I surfed, one was a white tip and one was a hammerhead.

I will say this though, the current SC state record Tiger shark was caught off a pier in Myrtle Beach, Cherry Point Pier to be exact, a pier that is well known for both its fishing and surfing. The shark was 18 feet long and swimming with the surfers!!!!

Meriwether Mike

I had a barracuda about 4 feet long come by me when I was in about 4 feet of water surf fishing many years ago. I made tracks back to the beach leaving a poo poo slick as I went. :D

reylamb

Now, we had a ton of cuda back home, but they never bothered us, maybe because we were so much larger in size. Hard to believe, but cudas are fairly goo to eat when grilled, most folks I know consider them to be trash fish because they are so boney.