Shhhhh.....

ssramage

? Finally made the investment and have a suppressor in the works. With the new e-file estimates at 90 days to approval, I decided to give it a shot. Ordered a Rugged Razor 7.62. A little shorter can than I originally wanted but one of my host rifles is fairly long already and I didn't want it to be too long to hunt with.

Also, just for fun, ordered a CVA Scout .300 BLK for some fun shooting. Never ordered from them before but Big Daddy Unlimited had them for $225.

Probably should have gotten one a long time ago to protect my ears but hopefully it'll help from here on out.

ssramage

Call me skeptical on the 90 day thingy.

My first 3 cans under Trump's ATF took 7 months.

My first can under Biden's ATF is approaching 12 months. Feb 10 or so will be one year since the check for the tax stamp cleared the bank.

I'm skeptical too, but from what I understand, the e-file program changed on 12/21 and was significantly expedited. I'm assuming those 200 day times are old applications as the new haven't started yet...

We'll see. I'm cautiously optimistic.

sghoghunter

That 90 days sounds just like one of them shady car salesmen pitch’s. My paperwork has been sitting on an ATF desk since 3/5/21 on a 8month wait time and still pending. Don’t understand how they could say they going to shorten the time on something they really don’t want you to have in the first place.

sleepr71

I really don’t understand this whole Inconvenience/ “wait time”,paper trail,or TAX…just to put something on a gun,that makes it a little quieter. More Gov’t overreach/encroachment & TAX..for a gun muffler. Sorry for the rant,it’s just always been a bit ridiculous to me..??

bullgator

My 36m got to the Feds on 3/4/21 and was approved on 1/7/22. Over 10 months!. They then told me it could take 45 days to get to my FFL dealer facepalm:.

I’m still waiting.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
90 days....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Save yourself a headache and just plan for 10 months.

transfixer

I'm waiting to see what the wait times really are before I go plunk my money down, I've heard its best to buy a suppressor that the shop you're dealing with already has physically on their premises, because the transfer from manufacturer to the shop takes a good while in itself, and transfer from a company out of state from the location you're buying at adds time to the transaction as well.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Last edited:

transfixer

Steven037

I’ve got a couple that took 11 months under the current system. Bought in January 2021. The “new” efile system should be faster. I will definitely buy another, don’t know why I waited so long to buy the first.

ssramage

They've also been participating in some gun buy back programs lately... not a company I would ever deal with

good luck https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/gainesvil...ddy-unlimited-0403-235980688/customer-reviews

I ordered a Zev barrel from them once and for 6 weeks they told me they hadn't received my check...ended up stopping payment...2 years later the check still hasn't been returned...I don't think they even had the barrel in stock like they said.

Well that's not super comforting. I spoke with one of their reps several times on and phone and did some various searches on firearm forums and what I found seemed to be ok.

Oh well, looks like there's skepticism in the ATF process and this retailer. I'll be sure to come back here to update everyone on how it works out.

transfixer

Some of the gun youtube guys who are very pro 2nd amendment have abandoned sponsorship by BDU , because of some of their practices over the last year, they seem to want to make money off those of us who use and like firearms,, but yet seem to be okay with supporting restrictions on those firearms ? they brought in Tim Kennedy as a guest speaker/celebrity to one of their range days,,, and he's very outspoken that he believes "assault type" weapons should be age restricted and subject to gun control , of course now he's trying to backtrack statements he made in an international podcast.

ssramage

Politics aside, my order from BDU is scheduled to deliver to my FFL today according to UPS tracking and their price was significantly cheaper than anywhere else I've found.

Jester896

Senior Clown
the hard part is it may stay at your FFL until your paperwork clears the ATF and that seems to be running about 11 months currently. BDU has no control over that.

wishing you the best

transfixer

I've got two places close to me that have the silencerco kiosks in their store, I'm going to check with each of them to see what suppressors they have " physically in stock at their store" ones the paperwork from manufacturer to them have already cleared, if they have something I decide on for my 30 caliber guns then I'll see if the e-form thing is actually quicker, unfortunately the cans I have my eye on are also the ones everyone else is eyeing as well, and apparently hard to get, so I may have to choose something other than my choices, price depending

Gator89

the hard part is it may stay at your FFL until your paperwork clears the ATF and that seems to be running about 11 months currently. BDU has no control over that.

wishing you the best

I am a week or so out from a full 12 months on a Rimfre suppressor I bought last February.

I'm waiting to see what the wait times really are before I go plunk my money down, I've heard its best to buy a suppressor that the shop you're dealing with already has physically on their premises, because the transfer from manufacturer to the shop takes a good while in itself, and transfer from a company out of state from the location you're buying at adds time to the transaction as well.

Yes, buy one in stock at a local dealer. If the dealer has a range, you can actually use it on your firearm as long as the dealer "remains in possession". My first can, the dealer worked as a range officer, he took my can to the range with him and then let me shoot it.

Of course, being at a range you still have to wear ear protection due to folks around you shooting unsuppressed.