Shooting ordinance

Nuhunter

Hi everyone. I could not find it online,
Dose anybody know shooting and hunting ordinance on a private land in Hancock Co. Property is around 23 acres, a triangle shape.
Zoned agricultural/residential. Is there a minimum land size to use it as hunting land, or private shooting range in non hunting season?

transfixer

have no idea on ordinances, from a practical standpoint it would depend on how close residences are to the property, and location of the property , Out in the country ? surrounded by farms ? pastures with horses/cows ? right next to a house ? etc,etc, There are regs restricting hunting within "X" amount of yards to a residence , or within so many yards of a public road,,

as far as a range goes, I would want to make sure I had a backstop , either natural or constructed, so bullets didn't continue off the property .

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Go to the website for the Coiunty and find a link to their Municipal Codes. Most Counties just adopt a standard Muni Code that is prepared by someone else. They metimes pick and choose among the ones they like. Once you have found it look for codes concerning dangerous weapons. If you are not in a city or town you should generally be OK but know that no matter what the code says you are responsible for any damage your bullets might cause to others.