Shotgun barrels

WishboneW

I have an older Remington 870 wing master with a short barrel, much like what you would see in a police cruiser.

Will a standard 870 barrel fit this gun?

The Rodney

From what I know about the 870… It should. That barrel is probably an 18 inch full choke barrel for police work. I think the short barrel is about being able to move in confined spaces, like through a house, easier. Imagine you'll be able to get an 870 barrel at your desired length with Changeable chokes. What barrel length do you prefer? I'm a 28 inch kind of guy.

WishboneW

From what I know about the 870… It should. That barrel is probably an 18 inch full choke barrel for police work. I think the short barrel is about being able to move in confined spaces, like through a house, easier. Imagine you'll be able to get an 870 barrel at your desired length with Changeable chokes. What barrel length do you prefer? I'm a 28 inch kind of guy.

I am used to short barrel guns, but would like to try a 24 or 26 for doves

GunnSmokeer

If your magazine tube is the standard length, then all of the various sporting or "deer slug" barrels for it should fit.

But if your shotgun is a special purpose tactical model with an extended magazine tube (such as 7 or 8 shell capacity) this will change the location of the locking ring for the barrel that it would use.

GunnSmokeer

8170A490-C8ED-45EC-87F2-BAFA555471E7.jpeg

My Mossberg 500 shotgun is set up just like this Remington 870 in the picture above -- one long sporting barrel that uses interchangeable choke tubes, and a shorter cylinder bore only (no choke) barrel with rifle sights, which was intended for close-range deer hunting, but for me it's my "home defense" gun barrel.

chase870

Possum Sox
All 870 barrels are interchangeable provided they are the same gauge as the receiver it doesn’t matter if it old new ribbed plain barrel or slug barrel. Only shoot shells that the receiver is rated for regardless of the chamber length

WishboneW

A2630F97-A164-4F81-9CB6-D11E2CB27305.jpeg3EA6997B-0E03-48E4-8AF3-75DAAF54D32F.jpeg

Mine shoots 2 3/4 inch shells. It appears to have an extended magazine that is not OEM. Standard 870 barrels should work?