Shotgun fit, seeing any rib?

dawgvet

Hey guys, I just purchased a new shotgun, a CZ Bobwhite in 20 ga and I was wondering a bit about its fit. When I mount it, I see some rib running from the receiver up to the bead. Is this correct or does the fit need to be adjusted? I am planning to take it to a patterning board soon to see exactly where it is hitting for me.
Thanks,
Jed

georgia_home

You have to get your head down, not see the rib, or only just barely.

You should see the entire bead.

Iirc, if you see rib, you’ll shoot high, the more rib, the more high.

hrstille

If you see rib, the comb is to high or you don't have your head down. You should never see the rib on a shotgun.

steveus

That's how a trap gun is generally, seeing a lot of rib and shooting high at a rising target. I could not use that in the field at all. It would surprise me if you want to take the time to get used to it. If you are mounting it correctly and that's what you see, you'll probably choose to do something about it. Just my opinion.

Turkeytider

You have to get your head down, not see the rib, or only just barely.

You should see the entire bead.

Iirc, if you see rib, you’ll shoot high, the more rib, the more high.

That`s accurate when the gun is properly mounted. Trap shooters generally like that.

Gut_Pile

I shoot better being able to see some of the rib. Allows me to see more of the target I am shooting at

Rebel's Dad

Sorry posted the wrong one, this should help
Good video.

Put down the rasp! A shotgun used for shooting flying should be stocked so that you see some rib.

A side by side should be stocked even higher (you should see more rib) because believe it or not SxS barrels flip down for an instant. It's a well-known phenomenon.

The most important thing is to pattern the gun or shoot enough targets to determine if the gun fits you well and that the barrels are properly regulated. And before you can really do that you have to develop a good, proper, consistent mount.