Should I pull my traps

Koltan

I have been trapping one location now for about 3 weeks. I have caught 8 coyotes. But everything has gone quiet this week. Wondering if I could have trapped it out, and if it’s time to pull up and move to new ground?

280 Man

Banned
IMO, and it's worth what you paid for it, if I had caught 8 yotes on a given area and if yotes were my primary target I would set some new ground and come back to this area later if possible!

Doug B.

Look for sign. If there are still coyotes there you may need to change something. Move your set or try something they have never seen. Look for sign. That will tell you if they are still there.

Koltan

Look for sign. If there are still coyotes there you may need to change something. Move your set or try something they have never seen. Look for sign. That will tell you if they are still there.
Been looking, I have only found 1 pile of scat in a week. I’m probably gonna pull out this Saturday

Doug B.

Been looking, I have only found 1 pile of scat in a week. I’m probably gonna pull out this Saturday
I don't blame you. If there is not much sign then there is not much coyotes. If I set on sign, I expect a catch every morning. Sometimes I might make a set on a hunch, but nothing beats setting on sign!

Koltan

That’s what I have been doing as well, I just had such good luck on this place I hate to leave it. But your right, I will try to hit it later this year.

Doug B.

That’s what I have been doing as well, I just had such good luck on this place I hate to leave it. But your right, I will try to hit it later this year.
Sentimental! Some sets keep producing. We want all of them to. It don't work that way. I have a hard time pulling unproductive sets sometimes. Wishful thinking I guess.