Sig P365 vs Glock 43

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I went to the range to rent and test the two guns today with the intent to purchase one of the two. I’ve done a lot of reading over the last couple months comparing the two.
The targets on the right were the G43 which I shot 1st. I have pretty big hands so I knew that accuracy would be a little of an issue for me with a gun this size. It actually felt pretty good and I told myself that if the Sig didn’t live up to the hype that I would be happy with the Glock.
Next I shot the Sig. I knew before I pulled the trigger that it fit me better. The standard night sights are a plus and there is no need to tinker with the trigger. I’m not a great shot with a pistol of this size but my groups were a lot tighter.
As you can see I went with the Sig and Im pretty happy with my decision. The extra capacity is a plus. It comes with 2 10 round magazines. I also bought the 12 round magazine and a cheap holster to get me by till I can try some others out. 3C6C9900-3C1E-4667-B5DF-3CEB73610EA1.jpeg195AA6BB-2ECF-464D-9D3B-778BFDFBB12E.jpeg7C7E67E8-F160-43B6-A118-D4AA087EACA5.jpeg83C92F77-62B2-4C9B-8148-46F6E7538CC2.jpeg

wareagle700

Nice.

I've got the P365 and G43, my wife keeps the G43 but they are both great guns. I shoot the P365 better also and felt like it had a smoother/softer recoil impulse. 1500+ rounds so far and it's been fantastic. Seems like they have the teething issues worked out also, I had them upgrade mine this past fall with the new parts just to be safe.

mark-7mag

Guy that works at the gun store said Glock is coming out with something similar to the Sig this summer.

Reactions: Dub

mark-7mag

Nice.

I've got the P365 and G43, my wife keeps the G43 but they are both great guns. I shoot the P365 better also and felt like it had a smoother/softer recoil impulse. 1500+ rounds so far and it's been fantastic. Seems like they have the teething issues worked out also, I had them upgrade mine this past fall with the new parts just to be safe.
I agree on the recoil impulse

bullgator

I believe they are the two top choices in that category. I have a 43 that I have no complaints with. Likewise, I’ve held the Sig and agree it fills the hand a bit better. You couldn’t make a bad decision.

wareagle700

Guy that works at the gun store said Glock is coming out with something similar to the Sig this summer.

He's probably talking about the Glock 43X and Glock 48. They hold the same number of rounds as the P365 but they aren't near the same size.

Robert28

You shoot them little pocket guns better than I can! I’ve owned so many and never was able to shoot any of them well so I didn’t keep them around. I just have to make my full size handguns hidden but I usually don’t have many problems with that. Wish I had a gun range near by to try out guns before buying them!

Dub

I have the Sig P938. 1911 type single action. Me likey.

Yup......just took mine out of the pocket & pocket holster for the day.

That thing goes everywhere with me if I'm not toting something larger....and some times it still goes along, too.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Love my P365. I have that same 1791 holster for mine for iwb and its not a "cheap" holster by any means. The quality is top notch. I did cut down the leather tongue a little bit though for a more precise fit. Also got a little Desantis DS paddle for it which I like once I adjusted the tension properly.

mark-7mag

Love my P365. I have that same 1791 holster for mine for iwb and its not a "cheap" holster by any means. The quality is top notch. I did cut down the leather tongue a little bit though for a more precise fit. Also got a little Desantis DS paddle for it which I like once I adjusted the tension properly.
I’m really getting used to the holster and starting to like it more.

wareagle700

I put my P365 in a Vedder Holster. They make good quality kydex for the price, likd it so much I got another for my Glock 19.

IXbl5oSh.jpg

mark-7mag

I put my P365 in a Vedder Holster. They make good quality kydex for the price, likd it so much I got another for my Glock 19.

IXbl5oSh.jpg
My G19 is in one also

bullgator

This thread might need to be updated to include the Glock 43x. :huh:

sleepr71

Reviving this cuz I’m in the market for a CC EDC 9mm! How’s the P365 holding up? Anyone compared the P365 to a G26,or P938? Read some negative reviews about the 365 early on..so I’ve held off. I assume Sig has corrected those issues? The 26 is a little “fat” to me..but shares double stack magazines with other Glocks,as well as my PC9 rifle..and has Glock reliability..? Accuracy is probably ho-hum...but can’t be any worse than I am with my Kahr CW-9 & it’s mile long trigger pull☹️

mark-7mag

Reviving this cuz I’m in the market for a CC EDC 9mm! How’s the P365 holding up? Anyone compared the P365 to a G26,or P938? Read some negative reviews about the 365 early on..so I’ve held off. I assume Sig has corrected those issues? The 26 is a little “fat” to me..but shares double stack magazines with other Glocks,as well as my PC9 rifle..and has Glock reliability..? Accuracy is probably ho-hum...but can’t be any worse than I am with my Kahr CW-9 & it’s mile long trigger pull☹️
I've probably fired 200 rounds through mine and have had no issues what so ever. What's ironic is I was just thinking about going to the indoor range tomorrow.

sleepr71

Thanks!! How’s the trigger pull & accuracy(vs other compact pistol’s that you may have owned)?? Do you carry daily? If so, what holster are you using and how comfortable is it?

mark-7mag

Thanks!! How’s the trigger pull & accuracy(vs other compact pistol’s that you may have owned)?? Do you carry daily? If so, what holster are you using and how comfortable is it?
In my original post I shared how I compared it to the Glock 43 when I bought it. The trigger pull is good for it being factory. I carry using the holster in my original post and its comfortable. I carry it when I can wear an un-tucked shirt. When I cant carry the Sig, I carry a S&W Bodyguard

mark-7mag

You should take the time to rent or borrow all of the ones you are considering first. If you are in the Atlanta metro area there are several gun stores that have ranges and will have them to rent. I usually go to GA Firing Line in Marietta