Sig Sauer Whiskey 3

I found another excellent deal in the local Armslist ads and met a fella at the Nashville Bass Pro store to buy my new Sig Whiskey 3 in 3-9×40. It has the illuminated quad reticle (duplex with red dot at center when on).

As with the Whiskey 5 I bought a few months ago with the same reticle, the quality looks to be excellent. The features are the same as the Whiskey 5, but only a 3x zoom on the 3. I'm still debating what rifle to install it on, but I'm leaning towards either a SS Model Seven in 7mmSAUM or an X-Bolt Medallion in .325WSM.

The warranty for these Sig scopes is pretty much the same as with the great Leupold line of optics. I'd recommend anyone looking and considering the Whiskey 3 to take a hard look at one before buying something else.

Attachments

• 1201170706b.jpg
    1201170706b.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:

GregoryB.

Camo Fire has been listing the Whiskey 3 quite a bit lately with and without the illuminated reticle.

As soon as I mount it, I want to do a low light comparison with it, a Zeiss Conquest in 3-9×40 (Z-plex) and the new VX-R I just got in 3-9×40 with Firedot Duplex reticle.

Update: I decided on the SS Model Seven in 7mmSAUM for the new Whiskey 3 and the "Graphite" color looks good with the SS.

Browning X-Bolt Medallion in .325WSM with Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 (Z-Plex), SS Model Seven in 7mmSAUM and Sig Whiskey 3 3-9x40 He** fire quadplex, SS Model Seven in .300SAUM with Leupold VX-R 3-9x40 with Firedot Duplex

Attachments

• Whiskey 3 in 3-9x40.jpg
    Whiskey 3 in 3-9x40.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:

lonewolf247

Nice find, M88! It should look nice on a stainless rifle! If it performs as good as it looks, you should have a winner.:D

Reactions: Dub

bam_bam

I just purchased one from optics planet and i am very pleased with it. To me it is close to a leupold vx-2 I had. It’s a 3-9x40. I’d rather have a 50mm objective but I couldn’t pass it up for 136 dollars shipped. Mine has the triplex reticle and is not illuminated. I also like the fact you get a free ballistic turret knob. I think leupold wants a good bit for their CDS dial system.

jbogg

I just received two of the 3x9x40 on sale at campfire for $132 with free shipping. The quality of the glass is very nice for the money. Decided to upgrade my old 30 - 30 and replace the original Tasco. The rifle has been in the safe for 25 years, but I am hoping it will be a lighter weight option for hunting the mountains. The second scope is going on the muzzle loader. Camofire is still running sales on these periodically and I would highly recommend these for anyone wanting a quality scope without spending a ton of cash.

I just received two of the 3x9x40 on sale at campfire for $132 with free shipping. The quality of the glass is very nice for the money. Decided to upgrade my old 30 - 30 and replace the original Tasco. The rifle has been in the safe for 25 years, but I am hoping it will be a lighter weight option for hunting the mountains. The second scope is going on the muzzle loader. Camofire is still running sales on these periodically and I would highly recommend these for anyone wanting a quality scope without spending a ton of cash.

Congrats! If you decide to try one with the Illuminated Reticle (Hellfire Quadplex), I know a place with an excellent price for that model.

jbogg

Congrats! If you decide to try one with the Illuminated Reticle (Hellfire Quadplex), I know a place with an excellent price for that model.

The illuminated reticle would show up well against the black hides of bear and hogs. Both of which I spend a lot of time chasing in the mountains and hunting at last light. Looking forward to heading to the range and giving these scopes a try. They look to be a big improvement from what I have been using.

Dub

Hogs and black bear are exactly why I ensure I have such scopes on the rifles I use to hunt them. ($163 delivered)

Who actually makes these scopes ?

I've seen them on the market just didn't know much about them.

Where did you get the illuminated model for $163 ?

Looks great on your Model 7.

jbogg

I just noticed that camofire has the Sig Sauer 3x9x50 on sale today with free shipping for $165. (Standard reticle). That is still a great price on that scope!

Who actually makes these scopes ?

I've seen them on the market just didn't know much about them.

Where did you get the illuminated model for $163 ?

Looks great on your Model 7.

Sig designed the scopes in the U.S. and builds the Whiskey 5 in Japan and the Whiskey 3 in the Phillipines.

I will PM you the link to the IR Whiskey 3 I purchased for $163 delivered. I don't normally place such links on open forum, as that can cause the seller to sell out very quickly due to all the non members also present on the form at any given time.

The price for the plain duplex was actually $99 delivered too, if any are left.

Dub

Sig designed the scopes in the U.S. and builds the Whiskey 5 in Japan and the Whiskey 3 in the Phillipines.

I will PM you the link to the IR Whiskey 3 I purchased for $163 delivered. I don't normally place such links on open forum, as that can cause the seller to sell out very quickly due to all the non members also present on the form at any given time.

The price for the plain duplex was actually $99 delivered too, if any are left.

Cool.

Thank you.

Gaswamp

interesting scope