Sins are Equal?

gordon 2

I just do not understand it.

How can all sins be equal? How can a person that....I don't know lied to somebody or something we consider a trivial sin be on the same level as a person who murdered or raped or abused other people etc etc......

I just don't understand how a great person that lives their whole life helping others and is "the model person", how they go to H.e.l.l.(thats not a curse word, geesh) for not believing in God. But a serial Killer that truly repents before he dies and TRULY means it can go to Heaven....

Or is this just one of those parts that we are not meant to ever understand?

Please, let me make one of the 3000 entries on your specific question . How can they go to %^&* for not believing in God?

I don't think that not believing in God is the deadly sin. Jesus is ever in the hearts of people who don't believe and they don't know it. However, knowing God very well, like one knows the spirit of his nation, or the sacrefices of a loving parent, or the patience of his wise grand-parents, the friendship and help of a stranger, the love and the beauty of a spouse and children, or for someone with the courage to befriend you and for one who saved you because it was the just and right thing to do and you turn around, and exploit all this for your temporal gain then you're treading deep water and your ships, all of them just sail away.

Take the Ten Commandments for examples. I have broken a few of them in my days. These sins all made me spiritually and physically sick. And I don't mean sick like sick with a cold that last 7 days or so, I mean sick for yrs. with depression and worry. Any one of them could have killed me.

But even from these, I was spared death by my Lord!

So yes murderers are saved. But if you knowingly play your doctor, your lawyer and your priest...you may as well not grow old.

Last edited:

crackerdave

My understanding is that the "unforgivable sin" spoken of in the Bible refers to someone who attributes the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan.

thedeacon

Sin is anything that transgresses the law. Under the law of Moses we are told that adultry is sin. When teaching to us Jesus said that even the lust of our heart will cause us to commit adultry without commiting the actual act.

Sin seems to be misunderstood as much as anything in God's word.

There is a tremendoes differance in sinning and living in sin. Even though God says that ignorance of sin doesn't matter he also says that he knows our heart.

Speeding in a car seems to be brought up everytime sinning is discussed. I can't believe God will condemn you in the end if you are a speeder. If that be the case we have very little hope.

Some people look at sin with a laid back attitude and doesn't give it enough thought. On the other hand some people worry to the point that they find very little joy in their walk with God.

Tell me which is worse.

We only see perfection through the blood of Jesus Christ. I know I sin, sometimes I know it before I do it, thats right, I am weak.

Thank God, he is there when I bring my heart back to him for guidance.

God is a just God, he will condemn but he had much rather forgive.