Sketchy boat Ramps. Step inside

Ray357

AWOL
We’ve all been there. After dark. Lights don’t work at the ramp. See cars pull in and cruise through with no boat hooked behind them. Watch them from a distance. Drives me insane but it doesn’t stop me from fishing and never will.

I launched at 4:55am this morning and when I rolled in there was a car with no hubcaps on it there. 2 dudes parked and jumped in their car and left as soon as my lights hit them. I went ahead and launched but stayed lights out just off the dock if they were to show back up. Pistol in my hand. Hate a thief. I’ll give anyone anything I got. This ramp has glass in the parking lot from previous break-ins.

So the purpose of this thread is to help anyone trying to avoid the inevitable. A break-in. Fish long enough, it’s gonna happen. Here is what I’ve come up with. I’m gonna put my spare GoPro in my window where it cannot be seen. Then I’m hanging a “if you can see this, I can see you” sign on my winch of my trailer.

If someone has something better please discuss. We had a great morning. Put some big fish in the boat.
I pull my boat to the lake with my old beater truck and leave the doors un-locked.

Ray357

AWOL
Had one roll up on me at the Blockhouse ramp on Allatoona coming off the lake at 4 A.M. one summer night years ago. His methhead gf pulled down ramp in front of my truck. As soon as he popped the passenger door and feet hit concrete I was off that boat and front deck and up the passeneger side of my truck and crossed their front end with pistol drawn and put it right in his nose. He sat back down and she backed clear out of sight and left the parking lot.

Stay aware and froggy always.

Some dirtbags did the same to Robert Edison with First Bite Guide Service at the Blockhouse ramp years ago. A car pulled in soon after and they split. He was lucky. No pistol but he bought one from a guy I know soon after.
I used to keep a pistol on the boat, but times have changed. I now keep a pistol on my side and an AR-15 in the boat.