Skidaway State Park

HuntinJake_23

Brought the wife and little man to Skidaway for the week for my wife’s birthday. First time we’ve been here and it is great. The campsites are very spacious and there’s plenty of shade from the mossy covered oak trees. It’s a very laid back atmosphere and very peaceful!!

Attachments

• D3EF8EFB-0067-40CB-8464-3F0A9E4C8967.jpeg
    D3EF8EFB-0067-40CB-8464-3F0A9E4C8967.jpeg
    538.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 9AD23F4F-CA1D-4273-923B-64105CB8E547.jpeg
    9AD23F4F-CA1D-4273-923B-64105CB8E547.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 94

Oldstick

Awesome! That is one our favorite parks down near Savannah. Next, take him to nearby Fort McAllister State Park. Then wait until dark with a flashlight ready in hand. The raccoons will start invading every campsite looking for food and water dripping from any faucet. Even climb your picnic table with you sitting right there by the campfire. He will love that and never forget the experience. Great fun with kids, been there and done it before. :)

HuntinJake_23

Awesome! That is one our favorite parks down near Savannah. Next, take him to nearby Fort McAllister State Park. Then wait until dark with a flashlight ready in hand. The raccoons will start invading every campsite looking for food and water dripping from any faucet. Even climb your picnic table with you sitting right there by the campfire. He will love that and never forget the experience. Great fun with kids, been there and done it before. :)

Oh yes, already experienced that here at Skidaway. We did a low country boil last night and had the leftovers in a foil covered pan on the camp site picnic table. While we were resting and recovering about 10 ft away under the awning, one came up and broke threw the foil…… ballsy little trash pandas!!!!

huntersluck

I have wanted to try camping there just never did it. I will definitely have to go but it will be in the fall or winter if I do

Toliver

I have wanted to try camping there just never did it. I will definitely have to go but it will be in the fall or winter if I do
My wife and I are planning on being there in December. Hoping someone here is local and can help with things to do in the area. We'll be there a week around the middle of the month.

Oldstick

My wife and I are planning on being there in December. Hoping someone here is local and can help with things to do in the area. We'll be there a week around the middle of the month.
Well not exactly a local, but have lived in Middle/South Ga my whole life and have visited there many times over the years.

The park is very nice, shady, peaceful and relaxing. One of the best in the Ga state park system.

The options in the immediate area are limited with the main attractions being the UGA Marine research center/aquarium, the bait shop near the big bridge plus the Moon River bridge public fishing pier.

Then going back past the Moon River towards Savannah, you will see the signs for the Pin Point Museum which is where Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas was born and raised until he moved into Savannah with his grandparents.

I'm sure many Savannah area folks will chime in with additional info.

Toliver

Thank you. I didn't even know about the UGA place.