Slow response

Baroque Brass

First, I’ll say I always use my iPad when reading the forum, in case the iPad is part of the problem. When I try to post or respond to a post, there is a very long delay before I see what I’ve typed. I type a few words, nothing happens, then the keys start to move and the words slowly appear. If I have to correct a word, it’s a painful process because I hit the backspace key and nothing happens then it may delete several lines. It’s taken ten minutes or so just to type this because of the delay. Many times I just give up on responding to a post because it’s so frustrating. What causes this? I’ll also add that the site crashes a lot. I’ll notice that I can no longer scroll, then suddenly I’ll get a page unavailable error.

Last edited:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’d guess it’s your device or internet service

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I remember some of that but it was definitely before I downloaded Adblocker plus.
Not sure if that was it but sure has been smooth sailing ever since the download.

Baroque Brass

I remember some of that but it was definitely before I downloaded Adblocker plus.
Not sure if that was it but sure has been smooth sailing ever since the download.
I recently added add blocker plus, I still have the delay and I still get ads. Oh well, just have to endure it, I suppose. I do enjoy the forum.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I recently added add blocker plus, I still have the delay and I still get ads. Oh well, just have to endure it, I suppose. I do enjoy the forum.
U have the app. It’s not installed yet. It shows you how to do it. It looks like it does it for you.
It don’t. You have to go to your settings and do as it illustrated!

Baroque Brass

U have the app. It’s not installed yet. It shows you how to do it. It looks like it does it for you.
It don’t. You have to go to your settings and do as it illustrated!
I’ll check again but I think I installed it as instructed. Yesterday I was trying to comment on a thread. It got slower and slower until it crashed and said page unavailable.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like your end. I access this forum on two different desktops, an Iphone, and a laptop, and I've never experienced any of the stuff you are describing. Nor has anyone else I know.

Tight Lines

What model/gen iPad? As Apple updates software, they often get slower because the resources required for the new apps is more intensive than older versions. Also try a hard reboot and make sure your software is up to date. Run a speed test at speedtest.net

Baroque Brass

I’d been accessing the forum through Google. I’ve switched to Safari and things seem much better. I think it was all the ads on Google that were slowing things down.

Safari is working MUCH better. Should’ve been using it all along. And the best part is, no ads.

Last edited: