Smack Talk 2009-2010

davidf

pic's are up :bounce: it's awfully quite here y'all aint scared are ya::ke:::ke:

ATLRoach

I'm not scared after opening day I haven't seen crap!

Got a new toy that may help extend my range a bit. Picture to follow this afternoon. :shoot:

ATLRoach

Well here it is in all it's glory.
357Max.jpg

357 Maximum Contender
First Gen Frame
10" Mike Bellm Rifled cut 357 Max Barrel
Pachmayr Grips
Leupold Mounts
2.5-8x28 Weaver Scope

357 Max - 180gr XTP sitting next to a 44MAG 240gr Nos PG and a 180gr Cast 10mm just to show the size. The thing is freaking huge!

davidf

i like it good luck can't wait for pics

bowhntr

I knew you would like the looks of that round once you got it . Have you had a chance to fire it yet? You could take it to Nicks Guns and shoot it on the rifle range to get a feel for it. Mine looks a lot like yours but has a 14" barrel and a new Pachy forend . :cool::cool::yeah: Sorry to say this but I dropped the ball last week and missed a doe at 50yds with my 7-30 Waters so its back to the .357 Max the killin machine.

308-MIKE

atlroach, you'd better check the ohio regs before taking your handgun to ohio to hunt. the following i found on the ohio dnr-wildlife website:
Allowable Hunting Equipment

Archery Season Longbow: minimum draw weight 40 lbs.

Crossbow: stock of at least 25 inches, and having a working safety: draw weight not less than 75 lbs. The arrow tip shall have a minimum of two cutting edges which may be exposed or unexposed minimum 3/4 inch width. Expandable and mechanical broadheads are legal. Poisoned or explosive arrows are illegal.

Gun Season and Youth Deer Gun Season: 10 gauge or smaller shotgun using one ball or one rifled slug per barrel (rifled shotgun barrels are permitted when using shotgun slug ammunition); or muzzleloading rifle .38 caliber or larger; or handgun with 5-in. minimum length barrel, using straight-walled cartridges .357 caliber or larger, or longbow, crossbow (draw weight limitations same as for Archery Season). Shotguns cannot be capable of holding more than three shells.

Statewide Muzzleloader Season: Longbow, crossbow (draw weight limitations same as for archery season), muzzleloading rifle .38 caliber or larger, or muzzleloading shotgun of 10 gauge or smaller using one ball per barrel.

Hunters cannot carry more than one firearm while hunting deer. See Concealed Carry information.

See legal definitions of hunting equipment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Deer Hunter CANNOT do any of the following:

1.Hunt or take a deer with a shotgun capable of holding more than three shells. This means you may not hunt with a shotgun capable of holding more than three shells, unless it is plugged with a one-piece filler which limits the capacity of the gun to three shells. The filler must be such that it cannot be removed without disassembling the gun.

2.Hunt with any rifle other than a muzzleloading rifle .38 caliber or larger during the deer gun, the youth deer gun, the Early Muzzleloader hunts (Salt Fork Wildlife Area, Wildcat Hollow, and Shawnee State Forest), and the statewide muzzleloader seasons.

3.Hunt or take a deer with a gun or possess a loaded firearm while going to and from deer hunting during the deer gun, youth deer gun, and the statewide muzzleloader seasons, at anytime other than 1/2 hour before sunrise to sunset. NOTE: Muzzleloading firearms are considered unloaded when the cap is removed or priming powder is removed from the pan or when the battery is removed from electronic systems. See Concealed Carry information.

4.Carry a handgun while hunting deer during the early muzzleloader season (on designated areas), the statewide muzzleloader season, and archery season; have more than one firearm while hunting deer; carry a handgun being used during hunting in a concealed manner. See Concealed Carry information.

Forkhorn

:yeah: My partner, Sako L61R, put one to sleep today!!

The "Coalition" is on the board! :fine:

Will post pics and details when he gets back from trying to put up some more points.

Way to go Charles!

ATLRoach

308-MIKE - Here is legal hunting equipment during gun season.
"Gun Season and Youth Deer Gun Season: 10 gauge or smaller shotgun using one ball or one rifled slug per barrel (rifled shotgun barrels are permitted when using shotgun slug ammunition); or muzzleloading rifle .38 caliber or larger; or handgun with 5-in. minimum length barrel, using straight-walled cartridges .357 caliber or larger, or longbow, crossbow (draw weight limitations same as for Archery Season). Shotguns cannot be capable of holding more than three shells. "

Found here:
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/dow/regulations/hunting_deer.aspx

Kirk - I shot it at Creekside early this week before I posted pics. I have it shooting already pretty nice with 20.8gr 296 w/ GM205M primers.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
atlroach, you'd better check the ohio regs before taking your handgun to ohio to hunt. the following i found on the ohio dnr-wildlife website:
Allowable Hunting Equipment

Gun Season and Youth Deer Gun Season: 10 gauge or smaller shotgun using one ball or one rifled slug per barrel (rifled shotgun barrels are permitted when using shotgun slug ammunition); or muzzleloading rifle .38 caliber or larger; or handgun with 5-in. minimum length barrel, using straight-walled cartridges .357 caliber or larger, or longbow, crossbow (draw weight limitations same as for Archery Season). Shotguns cannot be capable of holding more than three shells.

Looks like he is good to go to me.

Good luck Kyle.

davidf

hello.....hello...........testing 123.....testing 123..........is this thing on......it's been awfully quite in here good luck to everyone this should be a good weekend :shoot: :shoot:

ATLRoach

Been dead in the woods. I think my neighbors are putting the pressure on hard. I'm going to give my land a break and wait till I get back from Ohio.

davidf

good luck in ohio i hope to make it up there one day. bring home a monster

ATLRoach

Thanks David.. I don't know how I missed it but i leave in the morning for Ohio. I can't wait for a week worth of hunting.

jamiehunts

well guys i think the rut has come and gone in morgan county so i think it is time to open up my doe days. so i am going to try for one or two of the 50+ does i have seen this year so hopefully yall will need the calculator after this weekend

bull0ne

Banned
This just in! :pop:

Handgunner is getting 20 points worth of deer out of the woods as I post this! :cheers:

He will be along shortly with pics and the play by play. :D

ATLRoach

Well back headed back from Ohio. Killed a doe with the Slug gun on Monday and shot a wide tall 135-140" 8 point with the 357 Max this morning. It hopped the back neighbors fence after 125 yard run and they wouldn't let us follow over there. They said they would look and they would call the law if we trespassed. I'm stilled ticked on my 10hr ride home. No points for us!!!!!

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
Well back headed back from Ohio. Killed a doe with the Slug gun on Monday and shot a wide tall 135-140" 8 point with the 357 Max this morning. It hopped the back neighbors fence after 125 yard run and they wouldn't let us follow over there. They said they would look and they would call the law if we trespassed. I'm stilled ticked on my 10hr ride home. No points for us!!!!!

Man that sucks!

I just understand people like that. Why can they not be helpful and happy for a successful hunt. :huh: