Small pistol magnum primers in North GA?

menhadenman

Looks like pretty slim pickin for months to come. I'd love to get my hands on maybe 500 small pistol magnum or standard primers for 38/357 reloading. Have BR2s to trade and would maybe cough up some 450s. Located in Blairsville. Thanks

frankwright

There are none to be found! I have "Notify Me" listed at probably 10 trusted, reliable reloading supply places and nobody has any.
It is expected to go well into 2021 before we see any and prices will probably be up!

I have watched 1000 small pistol primers go for $200 on GunBroker!

frankwright

There are none to be found! I have "Notify Me" listed at probably 10 trusted, reliable reloading supply places and nobody has any.
It is expected to go well into 2021 before we see any and prices will probably be up!

I have watched 1000 small pistol primers go for $200 on GunBroker!

Dub

Didn't realize the small rifle is the same as small pistol magnum... that'll buy me some time. I'm in the same boat - lots of "notify me" alerts but nary a hit. If I only could've guessed...

The build up to an election year will always be squirrelly. This one had all the makings for hyooge firearm related impact. Hyooooge. Unprecedented. The left blatantly said they want our guns. Biggest sign I’ve ever seen.

Covid fears emerging in January-February and states locking down was another sign things were tightening.

All time record gun sales taking place with each month of 2020 breaking the prior record was another sign things would be tightening.

Racial tension gone off the rails with 24-7 coverage of rioting was another sign.

Covid compliance for manufacturing in USA slowing down all production ....not just ammo.....was yet another sign.

I suppose the bright side is we won’t be needing anymore signs. It’s already here and Biden-Harris-Beto are going to be unchecked politically.

And to further make things nice and happy......there are some members here who actually supported Team Biden.

Unbelievable.

menhadenman

The build up to an election year will always be squirrelly. This one had all the makings for hyooge firearm related impact. Hyooooge. Unprecedented. The left blatantly said they want our guns. Biggest sign I’ve ever seen.

Covid fears emerging in January-February and states locking down was another sign things were tightening.

All time record gun sales taking place with each month of 2020 breaking the prior record was another sign things would be tightening.

Racial tension gone off the rails with 24-7 coverage of rioting was another sign.

Covid compliance for manufacturing in USA slowing down all production ....not just ammo.....was yet another sign.

I suppose the bright side is we won’t be needing anymore signs. It’s already here and Biden-Harris-Beto are going to be unchecked politically.

And to further make things nice and happy......there are some members here who actually supported Team Biden.

Unbelievable.

People are begging for serfdom. Not sure how much longer this will last for those who aren't.

Good points on the goat show we're in... this is one for the ages. Never thought I'd see reloading supplies completely wiped out.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

People are begging for serfdom. Not sure how much longer this will last for those who aren't.

Good points on the goat show we're in... this is one for the ages. Never thought I'd see reloading supplies completely wiped out.

Well said on “this is one for the ages”.

Reminds me of the book & movie “The Perfect Storm”......only it’s hit nationwide and not weather-related.

I’m still in shock at the scope of what has been orchestrated.......a coup and stolen election.

Radio silence on Biden family corruption, mum is the word on that piece of trash, Swalwell, and he remains on intelligence committee.

Unreal.

BriarPatch99

Didn't realize the small rifle is the same as small pistol magnum... that'll buy me some time. I'm in the same boat - lots of "notify me" alerts but nary a hit. If I only could've guessed...

Be advised ....not all Small rifle/small pistol primers are or have been verified to be the same ... Just the CCI550 & CCI400

Make sure you note the difference.....

I would not be afraid to use any small rifle primer in any small pistol primer using cartridge... as long as your pistol/revolver will fire them(not all gun will) and you work up your loads knowing that other primers other than those two CCI may be different...

Ajohnson0587

I have loaded CCI, Federal, Winchester, S&B, and Remington Small Rifle Primers in 9mm, .38 super comp, and .40, I've never had an issue. All these rounds were shot over a chrono to verify velocity for competition use. Some guns required extended firing pins for consistent ignition of the primer and some required a heavier hammer spring (17lb), but majority run fine without any modifications.

menhadenman

Thanks for the insight - I’ve got maybe 1500 CCI 400s and was going to load some 158 g semi wadcutter bullets over Unique for my GP100. Sounds like I’ll be good to go there. Still a crying shame primers can’t be found ?!

Anvil Head

Just for the sake of expanding the discussion, what about large rifle primers in bigger bore pistols like the 45LC? Not talking magnums but something like CCI 200's, still loads for suitable pistols and/or rifles.

JeffinPTC

Jimmy
Thx for the charts.
During Firearmageddon 2012, my LGS only had LR mag primers. He told me to reduce max by 2 gr and I'd be OK in my Garand.

Can you comment on relative energy between primers and substitutions like that? Seems a timely topic.

Anvil Head

Thanks Jimmy. Always good info from you. Hope you are all healed up Buddy.

rosewood

Large Rifle primers are taller than large pistol ....they will stick out most pistol primer pockets ....most ...

And that can be a serious safety issue in some firearms for sure.

rosewood

Well said on “this is one for the ages”.

Reminds me of the book & movie “The Perfect Storm”......only it’s hit nationwide and not weather-related.

I’m still in shock at the scope of what has been orchestrated.......a coup and stolen election.

Radio silence on Biden family corruption, mum is the word on that piece of trash, Swalwell, and he remains on intelligence committee.

Unreal.
You are exactly right. I think the masses have rebelled against the liberal agenda, the turnout has proven that in most states. The democrat fraud machine just defeated the red wave and for some reason, there has been no traction to prove and undo it.

Rosewood

Anvil Head

And that can be a serious safety issue in some firearms for sure.
Well understood. Will definitely check seating deepth before trying. Just have a few boxes of LRPs left but no longer load appropriate cartridges. I can always trade with buddy of mine. Note: These would be loads for my Henry.