Small pistol magnum primers in North GA?

chuckdog

I didn't even get a notification.

I did on some 9mm dies recently. I opened the email within an hour of receiving it and they were gone.

I want a second set for load development using a single stage press.

Nimrod71

After watching the news and reading a number of post on the computer I went out to the barn and dug out my old survival box. I put this box together about 40 years ago. This box contains a number of things that I feel will be needed when our society go off track. The box contains Lee hand loaders for 357, 308 and 223, small and large primers and powder, bullets all in vacuum sealed containers, matches, P-38 can openers, paracord, knifes, axe, shovel, pick, tent stakes, fire grill, tent, fat lighter, mess kit, pot, cast iron pan, knife=fork=spoon set, bow string, Bear Kodiak Magnum bow, 12 alum arrows with steel and hunting points.

My wife ask why I was digging in all that junk and I told her to check the condition of the archery equipment. Today I plan of stringing the box and practice some. I think I may need to get a new sling shot. I have plenty of pea gravel.

menhadenman

Man I saw that notification pop up in real time... immediately added to my shopping cart and during checkout something went sideways and I wasn’t able to complete the order. It was a matter of seconds and they were gone. I’m convinced that primers are worse than toilet paper and will be for some time. Oh well, I’ll just take that earlier advice and use my small rifle for small pistol magnum for a while.

menhadenman

Did you find you some primers?
If not I may have some that I would trade
I’ve got a decent stockpile so not dead in the water, but would like some small pistol magnum. Have some small pistol, BR2, 400s and 450s I would trade. I learned on here that 400s are the same as SPM.

menhadenman

Hey @BriarPatch99 , any advice on whether BR2 will work in place of LRMs? I accidentally bought another 7 mag today and have brass, bullets, and ok powder (4350)... but no large rifle magnum primers. I hear BR2 is great in 7 mag but never tried it.

Ray357

AWOL
Just for the sake of expanding the discussion, what about large rifle primers in bigger bore pistols like the 45LC? Not talking magnums but something like CCI 200's, still loads for suitable pistols and/or rifles.
You stand a good chance of blowing a revolver up with them due to height.

WishboneW

Hey @BriarPatch99 , any advice on whether BR2 will work in place of LRMs? I accidentally bought another 7 mag today and have brass, bullets, and ok powder (4350)... but no large rifle magnum primers. I hear BR2 is great in 7 mag but never tried it.
I have used CCI large rifle in my 7 mag with good success. Richard Lee in modern Reloading II has recipes for a wide variety of calibers and bullet weights without magnum primers

rosewood

I have never used a LRM in my life. I have only ever used Winchester and Federal LR primers in 7mag and 300 mag and have always been fine. I think I may have even used CCI LR at one time, but haven't in years. Maybe I should, I don't know.

Rosewood