small place to hunt

ChristopherA.King

Myself and an older friend of mine(he is in his late 70's) are looking for a small place to hunt together here in north ga. We are not looking for a free place we are willing to pay. My friend really wants to go hunting he still likes to provide a bit of meat for his family but he really shouldnt be hunting alone anymore and access is an issue do to the 2 of us not being the most athletic :O I anyone know of a place that is affordable please let me know.Thanks

Myself and an older friend of mine(he is in his late 70's) are looking for a small place to hunt together here in north ga. We are not looking for a free place we are willing to pay. My friend really wants to go hunting he still likes to provide a bit of meat for his family but he really shouldnt be hunting alone anymore and access is an issue do to the 2 of us not being the most athletic :O I anyone know of a place that is affordable please let me know.Thanks

I can tell you that I hunt only wma's, limited funds and i am cheap, and dont mind it being difficult at times.... but there IS some good hunting to be had on wma's.... I know there are handicap accessible hunts on wma's too. Check the regs and come join the wma crowd...not ads easy as private land probably, but half the fun for me is the challenge of hunting...and the excuse to outdoors!! Good luck

Whoa... just read past posts about difficulty with access to handicap accessible land etc....so what is the status of meeting w dnr and trying to have more access on public lands...Anybody know???

ChristopherA.King

Access is something we are working with the DNR right now about. If you have not ever been limited to where you can go not sure if you can imagine how frustrating this can be. Lots of public land to use and no way to use it. I for one would use it as much as possible due to the price of using $20 you cant beat that. If you guys get a chance voice your opinions you know the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Arrow Flinger

I met with dnr almost a year ago and have the plan approved but am still waiting on the approved plans. Hopefully this month.

j_seph

What area of N. Ga are you in