Small pond bass - Fall lures?

Bdaniels

New to fishing and my young son loves it. I’m getting hooked as well.
What are some good choices for lures as the season changes? Thanks in advance.

bfriendly

I like a Texas rig rubber worm in ponds. Minnows, crickets or worms under a bobber is great for young'uns.
If there isn’t too much junk, I too like a Texas rigged Culprit or a jig n pig. But that was what I learned to throw with my first baitcaster and the Florida ponds we fished had pretty clean bottoms. Now I like a top water……anything top water.

Don’t know if you can beat bait under a bobber for youngsters though……worms, crickets or dough balls etc..

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Unless you're targeting big fish, a beetle spin is hard to beat.

hopper

Weightless Senko wacky rigged, Flukes, Beatles spins are my staples for pond fishing. Also like a net for small native sun fish hooked in the tail.

across the river

Get him a rooster tail and bettle spin to start. If it have some decent bass in it, you can also get him a spinner bait and a whopper plopper. When I take my daughter we use all of the above, depending on what is biting. She can just cast them out and reel them in. Works great for a kid, and she typically catches bigger fish than I do.

oldfella1962

I'll be using a Beetle Spin this afternoon on a small three-acre pond. Also using a 5-inch plastic worm on a drop-shot rig. Maybe a Johnson Silver Minnow dressed with a twister tail grub in the thicker weeds. I'll be fishing from the bank. I'm so pumped because I haven't fished for bass since early May. This pond is one that I caught a seven pounder in quite a few years ago just about this time of year. :)

Bdaniels

I'll be using a Beetle Spin this afternoon on a small three-acre pond. Also using a 5-inch plastic worm on a drop-shot rig. Maybe a Johnson Silver Minnow dressed with a twister tail grub in the thicker weeds. I'll be fishing from the bank. I'm so pumped because I haven't fished for bass since early May. This pond is one that I caught a seven pounder in quite a few years ago just about this time of year. :)
Good luck to you!

oldfella1962

Good luck to you!

I just got back. Lots of tiny bass, nothing worth keeping. The pond was very low - probably two feet lower than it was when I last fished it in late spring.

On the way to the pond (Fort Gordon) I saw a dude on a bicycle get hit by an SUV! :eek: He seemed to be alright. He was on his feet and on his phone by the time I reached the spot he got hit, and there were eyewitnesses gathering around. From what I saw the bicycle rider was totally at fault. Hey at least he survived! :) Many bicycle riders have been killed on that road - it's a madhouse of a road like most of the roads where I live.