Smart bug

Baroque Brass

I was putting bait on a big fire ant bed at the base of a tree, which got the ants stirred up. A small bug of some kind was moving toward the bed. As soon as the bug got to the ant bed, he was attacked. A few blades of grass were poking up through the bed and the bug jumped from blade to blade to get to the tree and escape the ants. Nature is amazing.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I was putting bait on a big fire ant bed at the base of a tree, which got the ants stirred up. A small bug of some kind was moving toward the bed. As soon as the bug got to the ant bed, he was attacked. A few blades of grass were poking up through the bed and the bug jumped from blade to blade to get to the tree and escape the ants. Nature is amazing.
Pain is an amazing teacher.

oldfella1962

Pain is an amazing teacher.
Theoretically anyway! When I was a kid, we had a Siberian husky who would repeatedly attack porcupines and get blasted with quills. One time he did this twice in one morning! We pulled the quills, he went outside - and came back a bit later with quills all in his face again, most likely from the same porcupine. He palled around with our two other dogs, but they were smart enough to leave the porcupines alone.