Smith & Wesson Shield plus

transfixer

Glad to see they finally got rid of that stupid broke in the middle trigger, I had a shield for a while, and while it was very easy to carry iwb and shot extremely well, I couldn't stand that trigger, that and the small round capacity made me get rid of it in favor of something else, which now is a CZp10s, but I'd like to give the Shield plus a once over, but right off the bat I like the CZ's choice of sights much better than the Shields, hard to beat a blacked out rear sight and tritium front sight.

killerv

I love my gen 1, I guess I was lucky and got one with a good trigger. I shoot it well. I almost bit and ordered the plus off of psa the other day, but gonna wait to see one in person. Should sale well.

frankwright

Probably be a good gun. I would like to see it compared to my Sig 365 for size comparison.

Reactions: Dub

Robert28

My biggest issue with the Shield was capacity and they’ve finally addressed that. I don’t think I’ll be selling my P365 off to buy one but I’m glad they finally addressed the main issue I had with it.

transfixer

I haven't shot a p365 yet, stepson has and likes it, he carries a G43 daily as his plain clothes gun, but wishes his dept would issue the p365, I'm going to try one at some point, since its a bit smaller than my p10s

SC Hunter

I like the shields and shield ez, I shoot the EZ better for some reason. My wifes EZ is very accurate and she loves the safeties on it. I'd like to hold a shield plus to see how it feels and see if I like it better than my glock 43 which I shoot really good and really enjoy carrying.

Dub

I haven't shot a p365 yet, stepson has and likes it, he carries a G43 daily as his plain clothes gun, but wishes his dept would issue the p365, I'm going to try one at some point, since its a bit smaller than my p10s

I am very, very early into my assessments of the P365. I've shot it on two sessions thus far. I've had extensive prior shooting with the P938 (more cramped feeling), G43 & a Kahr (small gun, overlong-but smooth trigger pull).

For whatever reason I simply didn't shoot the G43 as well as the P938. P938 was decent, just a little cramped feeling in my hand.

The P365 fits my hand better and the ergonomics are more comfortable and natural. I don't have to work to reach back to trigger from outside the guard like I did with the P938.

Trigger pull is better than the striker pistols I've shot over the years...with the only exception being a Glock that had aftermarket trigger.

The factory sights were very much to my liking and I'm not a huge fan of most night sights, either. Excellent daytime visibility with this set.

Now....my shooting thus far has been with the 12rd mags my gun came with.

Also bought some 15rd with the plan on running one in a spare belt carrier. The length won't be noticed as the concealed spare.

Looking forward to wringing this little pocket rocket out much more over the months ahead.

Will be adding a Talon grip enhancer and swapping to Sig's flat trigger after a few more trouble-free sessions in it's factory stock form. Just want to ensure it doesn't need to go back for any reason before I do any alterations.

I think the flat trigger is going to be golden, though.

transfixer

I am very, very early into my assessments of the P365. I've shot it on two sessions thus far. I've had extensive prior shooting with the P938 (more cramped feeling), G43 & a Kahr (small gun, overlong-but smooth trigger pull).

For whatever reason I simply didn't shoot the G43 as well as the P938. P938 was decent, just a little cramped feeling in my hand.

The P365 fits my hand better and the ergonomics are more comfortable and natural. I don't have to work to reach back to trigger from outside the guard like I did with the P938.

Trigger pull is better than the striker pistols I've shot over the years...with the only exception being a Glock that had aftermarket trigger.

The factory sights were very much to my liking and I'm not a huge fan of most night sights, either. Excellent daytime visibility with this set.

Now....my shooting thus far has been with the 12rd mags my gun came with.

Also bought some 15rd with the plan on running one in a spare belt carrier. The length won't be noticed as the concealed spare.

Looking forward to wringing this little pocket rocket out much more over the months ahead.

Will be adding a Talon grip enhancer and swapping to Sig's flat trigger after a few more trouble-free sessions in it's factory stock form. Just want to ensure it doesn't need to go back for any reason before I do any alterations.

I think the flat trigger is going to be golden, though.

Just picked up a P365 this morning, about a year old, with two 10rd mags and one 12rd mags, I'll be shooting it this afternoon, but so far I really like the feel and size of it, like the sights as well, and like you said, I don't generally like night sights, especially three dot sights, the trigger feels decent , although not as crisp as the one on my CZp10s, but a lot better than most striker fired pistols .

If it shoots as good as my stepson says they do, It'll be replacing my CZ as my daily carry gun I'm afraid ,,, and I really do like my CZ .

frankwright

Very close in size to my 365. Probably will be a great gun but I am well pleased with my 365 and won't be changing but if I was in the market for a high capacity,small pistol I would give it a look!
Reviews are showing up on youtube.

paulito

The single stacks like the shield just never felt right in my hand. I ended up going with a Walther PPQ sub compact and love it. The thing shoots better than I can.

SC Hunter

There is one on ODT for sale already for $550 by a guy up in Dahlonega.