Smoked one

KentuckyHeadhunter

Shot this sow opening day. 100 lbs even. (processor said 99lbs on scale and I said she's lost a pound of blood.....so its 100).. Haha. She came out alone. Is she pregnant or just had babies??? She is "well endowed" and no other pigs were anywhere to be seen. Glad to have some sausage regardless! 111yrd shot with 30-06 right behind the ear.20211016_183019~2.jpg

HogKillaDNR

That's awesome right there. What type of optics did you use?

HogKillaDNR

A simple Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 . Its killed out to 270 yards and hasn't been adjusted since sighted in almost 13 years ago. Better than some of my higher end optics.

That's what I'm talking about right there son! That's really great.

HogKillaDNR

I need one of those trailer hitch set ups. It's so much easier to put them on that instead of lifting one up into a truck bed.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Most likely has a nest of chipmunks somewhere close.

So you think she dropped and they just weren't with her at the time? I usually always see them together no matter what size or age when they look like this. I even waited several minutes after she came out to see who was with her. She was all alone. It was very windy if that matters.

HogKillaDNR

Seeing your post got me pumped up and makes me wanna go hunt.

Big7

The Oracle
Kill them.
ALL.
? Please. ?

Good eating. Especially if you can hunt around p- not fields. When I had access to p- nuts in Jefferson County, they tasted better than any store bought.

KentuckyHeadhunter

I need one of those trailer hitch set ups. It's so much easier to put them on that instead of lifting one up into a truck bed.

You can get a cargo rack for 100 bucks or less. All you need is a receiver hitch. It will hold 500lbs. We use them at camp all the time for deer and pigs. I was able to load this one by myself. They are perfect for keeping blood out of your truck bed etc.
But man... I told my wife I wish I could have drove through downtown Atlanta like that..haha.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Kill them.
ALL.
? Please. ?

Good eating. Especially if you can hunt around p- not fields. When I had access to p- nuts in Jefferson County, they tasted better than any store bought.

Our lease is surrounded by peanut fields mostly. And then sorghum and cotton. Hope she got her belly full. I had never heard that before but it makes sense I reckon.