Snake boots for the Women

Slewfoot

My wife has decided she wants boots rather than chaps. There does not appear to be many choices for the ladies. I am a little wary of her Ordering online without trying them on, so thinking about just going to the local bass pro. Any suggestions out there?

shdw633

Do you have an Academy Sports nearby. My daughter likes the snake boots she got from there.

jbogg

My Irishsetters finally wore out after more than 500 hard miles on them so I decided to try turtleskins snake gaiters. They are so lightweight and flexible I am not even aware of them while wearing them. If your wife can’t find a boot she’s happy with these might be an option.92F51BF9-3746-4C8D-BB46-B7BE15B88830.jpeg254EE1E4-A962-4E25-B68D-179D4450072C.jpeg

Bkeepr

My snake boots give me major STINKFOOT, they are so hot, and the tread is not aggressive enough. They are Redhead brand about 5 years old. Are the Turtleskins hot?

Slewfoot

Thanks for the replies and advice everyone.

As for chaps. I wore them years back when they are cordura and they were hot, but I believe the new ones are much better. I just want the foot protection as we have aplenty of pigmy rattlers around and they seem to strike low and the top of a foot makes for a good purchase point for fangs.

jbogg

My snake boots give me major STINKFOOT, they are so hot, and the tread is not aggressive enough. They are Redhead brand about 5 years old. Are the Turtleskins hot?

I just purchased the turtleskins a few months back so I have not had an opportunity to wear them in hot weather. They are so thin and light weight I would have to believe they are much cooler then the heavy Cordura ones. I did add a small bungee cord that wraps under my foot just in front of my heel and keeps the gaiter from riding up if It gets snagged as I’m stepping over logs or brush.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My Lady wears Danner Pronghorn pull on snake boots.

delacroix

BANNED
Heavy leather hiker plus gaiters seems the easiest to fit and coolest. Tried to talk my gal into that but she wanted those Irish Setters.

I wear shorts under chaps. I can't stay out of briars for some reason.