Snake boots ???

Dub

I could use a recommendation for snake boots that you've found to be comfortable and don't mind wearing for long days scouting & hunting.

Would help if they didn't spook black panthers & Sasquatches.....as they may provide some interest in watching while waiting on the ever elusive deer. :)

jrickman

Following this myself. Been using gaiters, but after a close call last year, I've been shopping and the clock is ticking down. I've got to have something that I can get up in Warwoman and the old Coleman river WMA in without coming home bleeding. I need something waterproof and have a strong preference for leather over synthetics.

Reactions: Dub

Athos

I’ve been wearing a pair of Irish Setter pull ons for about the last 3 years. Of course they stopped making them. They’re comfortable and don’t leak, so I’d probably look at what they’ve got currently when the time comes to replace, but Chippewa and Danner would not doubt be as good.

transfixer

Ditto on the Danner Pronghorns , they're not cheap, but lightweight and VERY comfortable , I ended up wearing them all season long the last few years, even when it was very cold and no need to worry about snakes ! easy side zip also

Hillbilly stalker

If your not in the Mountains, and will be around water, I would just go with Lacrosse Agility. They are rubber, but will keep your feet dry and are comfortable. They are a little warmer than the condura made snake boots , but dry feet are happy feet. If your feet heat up easily, you can stand in the water a few minutes and cool them right back off. They are what I use for turkey, hog and deer hunting. Do not ever buy the Lacrosse 4X, they are super hard to get on and off. If I was hunting in the mountains and pulling hills, I would want a good lace up boot for the ankle support.

jrickman

I think I might try the Redhead Lubbock and just go real slow scouting in the hills, then switch back to my regular lace-ups with gaiters until it gets cold enough for them rattlers to go sleep somewhere, if I can't find some of these Pronghorns somewhere in my size that will ship before end of September. I had a rattler scare me about as bad as I've ever been scared by anything last year. He missed by about an inch, and it was not because of his aim. I tripped at an opportune time. I've been shot at without needing to sit down and pray a while like that snake drove me to do.

dslc6487

Done got old and tend to trip easily and most any snake boot is kind of heavy for me. Switched to the Turtle Skin gaiters and really like them. Not much heavier than a long pair of socks...

Those turtle skins look nice. I wander how they would hold up heavy briars and such..working in the woods etc…

KentuckyHeadhunter

Those turtle skins look nice. I wander how they would hold up heavy briars and such..working in the woods etc…

They are ballistic nylon and ultra light. Great in briars etc because they are kinda slick. Waterproof too. You forget you're wearing them. Tested up to eastern diamondbacks. Pricey and worth it.

They are ballistic nylon and ultra light. Great in briars etc because they are kinda slick. Waterproof too. You forget you're wearing them. Tested up to eastern diamondbacks. Pricey and worth it.
My danners are nearing the end of there life and this would be better where I could wear my lacrosse rubber boots,which I really liie

Dub

I’m not seeing the Danner Pronghorn listed as a snake boot.

Checking on their other models now…

KentuckyHeadhunter

The term snake boot is a misnomer and a marketing point. Almost all rubber and leather boots will protect you from a venomous bite. It was tested by a herpetologist and he even has a video on YouTube.