Snake Eggs...

swamp hunter

Found a couple working in the yard today.
4 of them buryied down a couple inches. Took them out and bury them in a small pot..down a couple inches. Put them in a 5 Gallon bucket so anything that hatches will be there in the morning for me to check out.
No crawling away in the night.
What's the timeframe for these Eggs to hatch.Snake Eggs.JPG
I ain't got Forever...

swamp hunter

What you talkin bout Willis...
I just moved them from a little hole in the ground to a little pot with dirt in it.
I didn't shake them , held them level and put out them 4 ft. away from where they were buried.
Same amount of sunlight ect.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
They hatch around 60 days after being laid , and they aren’t rattle snakes !

swamp hunter

I just tried that...I could not see much.
One of them broke open when I dug them up and the embryo was just a tiny speck.
I just reburied them and I'll hope for the best. Also when I found them they were just kinda dumped into the hole anyways.

280 Man

Banned
I just tried that...I could not see much.
One of them broke open when I dug them up and the embryo was just a tiny speck.
I just reburied them and I'll hope for the best. Also when I found them they were just kinda dumped into the hole anyways.

That "tiny" speck is an embryo!

swamp hunter

figured that out...but it's so small you can't see it with a flashlight...just sayin.

Lukikus2

I'm still wondering what they really are. They are very rubbery and not translucent. Keep them planted and see if something happens. I have found them with no snake around also. Looks like I will be doing some scientific study too:)

Ga Waters

I've had luck hatching snake eggs in a plastic box. Just have to keep some wet paper towels in there to keep the humidity up. Kee
p them in an area that does not get too hot.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Vermiculite is what the pros use or used.
I hatched some kingsnake eggs in it from day one.

Wayne D Davis

Wondering why he didn't just lay the glass on its side and let them crawl out on their own. I guess he just wanted to prod at them with a stick