snake ID

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
That looks like one of the Mexican or South American varieties. Likely an escaped pet.

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
How long is it, and how many rattles does it have?

LonePine

That's wild. Wondering if it can be some type of mutation color phase of a native rattler. Would make a fine looking hat band

The mat says welcome, the snake coiled beside it, not so much....

I have no idea. Never seen anything like that. Some exotic in a weird color phase.

tr21

fake or not if i would of stepped out that door my next step would of been in the back of a ambulance if i made it that long

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
Said the snake was about 3 ft with 4 or 5 rattles

It`s not one of the common species that live around here with a mutant pattern. It`s one of those I mentioned above.

I`m not sure what type venom they have, whether it is a hemotoxin, neurotoxin, or a weird combination, so I`d be extra particular about getting bit by it or one like it.

Sure favors this guy with those ovals on his back

Southern Pacific Rattlesnake.

or the Northern variant.

Where does he live and any neighbors just unpack from out west?

Last edited:
It's a fake snake.

We ran a coat hanger down a dead canebrakes throat down in Homerville one time on a project. Made that sucker look cocked and ready to fire. Put it in a co-workers hotel room. You ain’t never heard a grown man scream like a girl like this dude did.

I don't know whether to laugh or swear, but I do hope they attract real ones for the folks who put them on their door step.