Snapper Bank

Angel Eyes

Only have numbers for one drop. Never been that far out is it just a matter of finding your own numbers by exploring around? Should I try to get more drop numbers before I go that far. 60 miles from Darien to the numbers I have. Going June 13. 28 foot boat with twin screws. Thanks ahead for any opinions.

Lots of natural bottom out there. I would stop at HLHA or G and get live bait. Head to my 1 set of numbers. If not productive strap on some diving plugs or ballyhoo and troll eyeballing sounder looking for new numbers. It's very likely your not gonna be alone if seas are flat....

Angel Eyes

Thanks Reelaxation. I know we can’t keep snapper. But want to have some spots for if it does open. Was going to have live bait and troll around just like you mentioned.

Sharkfighter

I picked up a "hot shot: chart with plenty of numbers on it and i recommend it. Going all that way with only one number would stink. You are looking for ledges and stuff and than set up long drifts until you find the honey holes............

Please let us know how you do, I am considering making the run on a couple of the days when snapper are open

Shark fighter is it a new map? I have an older one that shows the snapper banks but not very many numbers. Just N S E W. Wondering if I need to pick up a new one that might have some new stuff on it

Sharkfighter

Shark fighter is it a new map? I have an older one that shows the snapper banks but not very many numbers. Just N S E W. Wondering if I need to pick up a new one that might have some new stuff on it
my top shot chart (map) is probably at least 6-8 years old and falling apart. Folks might get mad and i shouldnt post this map1.jpgbut here...........

Attachments

• map2.jpg
    map2.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Angel Eyes

Great information sharkfighter. N31’ 35.21 W80’ 22.95 is the numbers I have which also came from a article about Miss Judy

Angel Eyes

Tried both Saturday and Sunday to go offshore. Was just too rough for our comfort. So just caught shark in Altamaha sound.

CamoDawg85

my top shot chart (map) is probably at least 6-8 years old and falling apart. Folks might get mad and i shouldnt post this View attachment 1020835but here...........

Very cool document! I didn’t know anything like that existed. I found one for Gulf of Mexico offshore but not sure how updated these are? I.e. surveyed or updated every few years or could storms and such move these bottom attractions around so much that it makes it them hard to find or nonexistent?

Last question, I have a 5 year old Garmin echomap sonar. Would I have to pay someone to convert numbers into the right format or is it just plug and play? I know there are multiple “gps” formats and have little to no knowledge about when or how to convert.

Thanks in advance for any feedback guys!

Jeff

doomtrpr_z71

Very cool document! I didn’t know anything like that existed. I found one for Gulf of Mexico offshore but not sure how updated these are? I.e. surveyed or updated every few years or could storms and such move these bottom attractions around so much that it makes it them hard to find or nonexistent?

Last question, I have a 5 year old Garmin echomap sonar. Would I have to pay someone to convert numbers into the right format or is it just plug and play? I know there are multiple “gps” formats and have little to no knowledge about when or how to convert.

Thanks in advance for any feedback guys!

Jeff
Give me a couple of days and I'll put them into a gpx file you can use.