Snatch rope

patsam

I have always had chevrolets, cept for an international scout. That scout was a beast, and i got it stuck in a swamp. A jeep and snatch ropes got me out. If it hadn't of been for that, I would probably still be there, and that was in the 80's. Ha!

Yeah something like that is what I need. Couple member on out club have em. We used to get a rope from a ship yard that was prob 2inch diameter but that source dried up.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
The best tool for getting unstuck is not getting stuck in the first place and the equipment lies between one's ears. Mine occasionally ignores "don't go there" as it has factory flaws. I have front and back wired hitch mounts on my 4Runner for my Warn 8500 spooled with a 100' of synthetic cable. I also have two yellow snatch straps which I had to loop together to extend reach of the winch to the nearest tree last pre-season turkey scouting. I don't winch forward unless I can tell the way is better in that direction. The last two times I had to winch out, it was backwards. My back up 2003 Sequoia is rigged the same way and shares the 8500.warn winch.jpg

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I have some sort of yellow braided tow rope that works good. But it is only 15 footlong.

Ray357

AWOL
I have always had chevrolets, cept for an international scout. That scout was a beast, and i got it stuck in a swamp. A jeep and snatch ropes got me out. If it hadn't of been for that, I would probably still be there, and that was in the 80's. Ha!
Nope. It would have rusted away long ago. I had a Scout. I loved it. It literally rusted apart.

grouper throat

Skidder tow ropes and straps. At my age now, unless we are running a rack buck then I turn around at the bad holes. My truck doesn't look like it though, it is covered in mud.

patsam

Nope. It would have rusted away long ago. I had a Scout. I loved it. It literally rusted apart.
That Scout went through **** with me. Best truck I ever owned. 304 engine and solid steel behind the bumper. If they still made em, I would have one!!