Snowy Day Trout Fishing

Buckman18

Sooo... THE Killer Kyle texted the other day asking about slipping off on Friday to catch a few specks and bows. I told Kyle its supposed to snow, perhaps we should go squirrel hunting so we don't have to wade the creek in the cold. Kyle stated he wanted to go fishing. I again countered, but took a different approach by suggesting the possibility of going to the Unicoi custom turkey call show, so, you know, we wouldn't have to wade a cold creek in the snow near Georgia's highest elevations... Kyle, this time with a meaner tone, responded more affirmatively and said that WE are going fishing today. Faced with the dilemma of getting called a name that starts with "P" or spending a day without feeling my toes, I chose the latter. Im glad I did, we had an epic day catching native trout in the snow at a little ol' creek on the north side we've been known to visit from time to time when we feel the mood...20210108_101543.jpg

received_440583533792981.jpeg20210108_120528.jpg20210108_124521.jpg20210108_130206.jpgIMG_0726(1).jpg20210108_143440.jpg20210108_140710.jpg

Worley

Great catch fellas, that’s falls look like one off a forks trail I used to fish years ago.

lampern

I had to look again and saw the worm.

Sorry about that. I just assume most if not all folks fly fished for brookies

Josh B

I hope y'all don't loose any body parts from frost bite. I couldn't imagine a slip and fall in this time of year.

Buckman18

We do, but the primary goal today was a mess of fish to eat, and quickly. Both Kyle and I had commitments in the afternoon and had to be efficient.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Biggest one I ever caught in my life was on a live salamander. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a fine, productive day and the makings of a feast!

the Lackster

This is a nice post fellas. You can't duplicate the taste and texture of those cold water specs. Over the years i have found the majority of my trout fishing in the winter and it has always been some of the most enjoyable fishing throughout my life. Congrats on a fine mess and i hope to see them fried up in the grub thread!!

Buckman18

I know where you are!! Fished it many times over the years, haven't been there in about four years though. Didn't have many bows in their in the past.

I do believe we were in your backyard! ;)