So how more so than why do folks buy these new pickups?

I drive a 2003 Ranger FX4 with the 4.0. I have had it since new. It gets horrible gas mileage. It needs new tires and ball joints. I have 220000 on it. I have been shopping around but just cant pull the trigger. Especially with having lost over 50 percent of my income since July. I am supposed to get at least 25% of my salary back in January but I am not counting on it with the virus surging again. I have a down payment for more than half of a Sierra SLT and my credit score is excellent, but every time I get close to a new truck I start feeling like I am going to throw up. I sat down and looked at the numbers and thought I was going to have a panic attack. I really just don't get how they are selling them or who is buying them. Even when I was making my full salary, which was pretty darn good, the prices scared me away. I guess I am just worried about the future or what might happen with all of this uncertainty. But then I see people who are my age (mid 50's) pinching pennies and saving a huge nest egg only to pass away out of the blue and never got to get any enjoyment out of their money. I have gotten up twice this week, got ready to go buy that truck only to come to my senses to wait. I keep thinking they will be cheaper maybe next month... I know it sounds petty but I would really enjoy a new ride right now so I am kind of driving myself crazy about it. Think I will just put it out of my mind for now. Phew there I got that out of my system.

I bought a $60,000 truck in 2018, was a 100% tax write off so didn’t cost me anything. I traded it in last month, same dealer, another new truck and they gave me $48,000 for it. They put it up for sale on lot at $58,000.

I drive a 04 f150 with 73k miles my mother bought it new in 04 I bought it from her 3 years ago with 40k on it paid 10,000 for .I dont see the need for a new truck plus I dont really like most of them.

We have people were I work that make less than 100k combined with spouse that have new Tahoe, crew cab 4 wheel drive diesel truck, camper, skeeter boat and at least a 250k house. I have no clue how they do it but he said all they have is payments.

I really lucked out by finding in 2019 by finding a 2016 F250 Lariat with only 10k miles on it listed at 40-something....and I traded in a jeep with under 50k miles on it so I ended up financing about $20k on the truck.

I don't know what the dealership was thinking b/c today they have 3 to 4 year old F250's with lesser packages and 75k miles on them for the same price that I got this one with 10k miles on it. I expected to maybe find something wrong with this one but 2 years in and I haven't.

Traded my 2004 Tacoma in bought a new 2018 Chevy 4 wheel drive. It sit in garage with 4000 miles. Still have not figured out why I did it. Toyota had 40 or 50,000 miles. I still drive my 94 Toyota everyday.

Traded my 2004 Tacoma in bought a new 2018 Chevy 4 wheel drive. It sit in garage with 4000 miles. Still have not figured out why I did it. Toyota had 40 or 50,000 miles. I still drive my 94 Toyota everyday.
It's hard to beat toyota I still have my ole tacoma 4wd 220k still good as new . If I did bite the bullet a get a new truck most likely it will be a tacoma 4wd v6