So how more so than why do folks buy these new pickups?

j_seph

A $60k pickup for 5 years 0%, that is $1000 a month not counting insurance. Is there that many folks got that high of a paying job? I won't even get into the teens and 20-30 year olds I see driving them. I just cannot comprehend. Just looked up a used F-250, 2017 -2019 and even them are $54k to $72k

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
5 year used to be the standard long-term loan. These days, 6,7 and even 8 years aren't uncommon. That $60k truck probably ends up costing $100k by then.

specialk

must be nice.....

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
When I retired I bought myself a new truck(Tacoma off road) a fishing boat and a utv. Paid cash and will still be driving them all when my time on earth be done. Those were the only vehicles and boats I ever bought myself new.

Whitefeather

Management Material
New truck and new SUV sitting in the driveway of a new $350,00 house with a $60,000 bass boat in the garage and a $30,000 camper are getting real common around here. I’ve been doing something wrong for 30 years.

Good for them I guess but, I don’t know how they’re doing it.

BassRaider

Saved money, invested wisely to pay off all debts since retired 11 years ago. Today, paid cash for new truck after trading 13 yr old truck. Got lucky I guess?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I bought a new 1973 F100 Ranger V8 automatic when I graduated from high school. It looked very similar to the attached picture. 84D4A0CC-5941-45EB-B6FB-476CFA6F0840.jpegI think I paid $400 down and $120 a month for 36 months. Things sure have changed.

Havana Dude

Drive a 1992 Toyota 4x4, and have a 2001 F250, 7.3 diesel, to pull my 2005 fifth wheel. All bought used. Wife drives a 2013 suburban, only because her 2003 suburban, in immaculate condition, was totaled in a high speed rear end crash. She was the one rear ended. Bought it in 18. I can’t swing a new vehicle payment period. I don’t get it either.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
New trucks are overpriced. I don't know how anyone can afford them anymore. I haven't bought a truck in over 10 years but when I do I'll buy one of the work truck models and I'll buy used.

Latest posts