So, what would "you" cook on this?

GA1dad

I picked this grill up at the fleamarket a few weeks back. It was brand new in the packaging for $20.00. Y'all know I'm a sucker for new cooking toys.

I finally opened it today and it was really much nicer than I expected. All stainless steel. Carrying bag included.. Shoes put in the pic for scale. With one section of legs it is just below my knees. The perfect height to operate from a lawn chair. I'm gonna take it to the park tomorrow and grill some steaks for an afternoon family picnic.

But what do you folks imagine cooking on such a setup? Seafood on the coast,,,, classic bbq'd chicken leg quarters,, grilled veggies,,,, gosh the possibilities!

The real reason I bought it. When I got married in Arizona, for the reception dinner I grilled and served asada de puerco (grilled Mexican spiced pork) on an open style grill like this over mesquite splits,,,,,it was something the locals had taught me and was most outstanding! I'm hoping that with the help of a local carniceria, I will be able to duplicate that meal.

20230415_161118.jpg

20230415_161155.jpg

20230415_161334.jpg

20230415_161444.jpg

Geffellz18

My first thought was Latin style cooking too…like the thin flank steaks, etc.
Cool little grill and a steal for $20!
Nice haul

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'd cook anything that wouldn't fall through into the fire on that thing. :rockon:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'd cook anything that wouldn't fall through into the fire on that thing. :rockon:
That's what they make skewers for. Cook away. :)