Social Distancing

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
When I run in for a case a beer, I put an open bottle of hand sanitizer in the bed of the truck. Debit card (out of wallet) in my right pocket. I handle the door at the store, and the beer fridge door, with my left hand. Insert the clean debit card with my clean right hand. Slip the now dirty card in my back pocket. Use the dirty left hand for the pin number and again at the door on the way out. Lay the beer in the truck. Grab the sanitizer with my still clean right hand, squirt it on the left hand. Wash hands and debit card, and handle of beer case. Now both hands are clean to open the truck door.

All while holding my breath. My birth date is written on my arm for the cashier lady to punch in. She winks at me. Not sure what that's all about.

Cmp1

BANNED
When I run in for a case a beer, I put an open bottle of hand sanitizer in the bed of the truck. Debit card (out of wallet) in my right pocket. I handle the door at the store, the fridge door, and the pin number with my left hand. Insert the clean card with my clean right hand. Slip the now dirty card in my back pocket. Use the dirty left hand again at the door. Lay the beer in the truck. Grab the sanitizer with my still clean right hand, squirt it on the left hand. Wash hands and debit card, and handle of beer case. Now both hands are clean to open the truck door.

All while holding my breath. My birth date is written on my arm for the cashier lady to punch in. She winks at me. Not sure what that's all about.
? ? ? ?,,,,grab me one,,,,bring it on up please,,,,no worries here,,,,thanks,,,,

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
When I go to the tobacco store for a couple sleeves a dip, I take my own dollar general bag for them to drop it in, and give them pre-counted exact change (cash) from the coffee can in my sock drawer, all of which was deposited pre-covid.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Jam your hand in a dollar general bag to use as a glove at the gas pump works good too. Can't be too careful. My bucket of DG bags is running thin right now though- you couldn't push me into a DG at gunpoint in these times.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have pretty much became a recluse. I am in my 70's and me and the wife would probably not survive it.

GoldDot40

We can't keep my mother-in-law out of the flippin stores. Pretty sure she's gone to Walmart every single day for the past 3 weeks. Then....she shows up at MY house for supper nearly every evening. She's widowed for nearly 2 years and I know she gets lonely...but dang. I'm getting to the point that I may have to hurt some feelings.

The other members of my wife's family don't have ANY problem piling up at each other's home several times a week. No telling where else they all go during the week. They have the mentality that any suggestion from the government or medical field does not apply to them.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
We can't keep my mother-in-law out of the flippin stores. Pretty sure she's gone to Walmart every single day for the past 3 weeks. Then....she shows up at MY house for supper nearly every evening. She's widowed for nearly 2 years and I know she gets lonely...but dang. I'm getting to the point that I may have to hurt some feelings.

The other members of my wife's family don't have ANY problem piling up at each other's home several times a week. No telling where else they all go during the week. They have the mentality that any suggestion from the government or medical field does not apply to them.
I'm on the political fence about how much hype/overkill is envolved here. I know the news folks can't be trusted. Not for a minute. The worse they make it, the higher their ratings/earnings. Not to mention slobbering at the chance to tank the country and beat up the maga. However- the hospitals in the cities are completely full of legitimately non-frivolous cases, and people are dying from it. On face-value that is more than enough information for me.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

Yeah, your MIL is not only putting herself at risk, but her loved ones as well. I'd rather hurt her feelings, than to be crying at her funeral. She should know better. Some are either just too dang stubborn, or incredibly clueless about what's going on. I know there's a lot of people out there who aren't taking this serious, and until they do, there will be many more to get sick and die. This virus is no joke.

sinclair1

Kinda creepy the government data for how many are complying with the stay at home order is pulled from our cell phones :hair:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Kinda creepy the government data for how many are complying with the stay at home order is pulled from our cell phones :hair:
I know the roads here are full of traffic. A lot of people don't seem to be too worried.

Just read there are now 8 confirmed cases here. And I believe there is going to be a lot more of them, and soon.

GoldDot40

The guy who drives my fuel tanker at night and on the weekends told me earlier that he took a couple of loads up to the mountains yesterday and the mountain roads and campgrounds were packed with motorcycles and campers. Said it was "hopping" with folks. All Atlanta metro county tags and a whole bunch from....Florida.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
The guy who drives my fuel tanker at night and on the weekends told me earlier that he took a couple of loads up to the mountains yesterday and the mountain roads and campgrounds were packed with motorcycles and campers. Said it was "hopping" with folks. All Atlanta metro county tags and a whole bunch from....Florida.
Maybe those roadblocks need to be for both directions......

sinclair1

I am going to start wearing the mask in stores starting my next grocery trip. Too many hackers encountered today at the wholesale club.
Stocked up pretty good and may just need gas next weekend.

Head East

Personal space initiative. just stay away. :shoot:

LTZ25

I am going to start wearing the mask in stores starting my next grocery trip. Too many hackers encountered today at the wholesale club.
Stocked up pretty good and may just need gas next weekend.
I bet the Plague couldn't keep you out of Sam's club .