Somebody stole my trap

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
If the trespasser would have not been on the land with their dog they wouldn't have to worry about any injury in the first place.

In other words, keep yo rear end and dogs off others people land without permission.
I agree. I think you may have misunderstood my post as I could care less about said yorkie. Hopefully it was a muzzle clamp and the trespasser learns a valuable lesson up in these here hills.

You know. When the trap clamps down on the lil yorkies leg?

We trapped a chihuahua and it never even broke the skin, FYI. I released him and he ran off with a slight limp. No more trapping around our place, tired of messing with dogs!

280 Man

Banned
I agree. I think you may have misunderstood my post as I could care less about said yorkie. Hopefully it was a muzzle clamp and the trespasser learns a valuable lesson up in these here hills.

I understood the snarkie comment. Maybe I shouldn't have quoted your post when I responded. After further review it does "look" like I misunderstood.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I understood the snarkie comment. Maybe I shouldn't have quoted your post when I responded. After further review it does "look" like I misunderstood.
All I was sayin was the lil toy dogs are sensitive lil fellars, ya know? I was banking on the dog being a toy dog. Heck, their teeth just fall out after a couple raw hides.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
If the trespasser would have not been on the land with their dog they wouldn't have to worry about any injury in the first place.

In other words, keep yo rear end and dogs off others people land without permission.
But it’s “open land”
and up nawth you can walk around where ever you want whenever you want. It’s paradise.

CritterCatcher

You know. When the trap clamps down on the lil yorkies leg?

Injury? What injury? I released a dog earlier this season, and he ran off like nothing ever happened, and he had been there for a good while too. Traps are nothing but hand cuffs for animals. Rarely is a dog seriously injured by one.

CritterCatcher

Make sure you make DNR aware that if they find an illegally set trap with your tag on it, you aren't responsible for it. They don't want to help you out to find it, they don't need to be charging you when somebody does something wrong with it.

Doug B.

Probably somebody that lives adjoining the property. Was a lot of trouble to dig it up. That meant going & getting tools,coming back,etc.
I agree but I don't know who it could have been. I do know a couple of the neighbors pretty good so I am going to ask some questions.

Hillbilly stalker

Don't rule out it being a housecat and its owner. I've seen housecats back miles in the woods hunting, even in old cutovers. People loose their mind about a wandering dog but think nothing of ol Tom cat out creeping.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They probably think it needs to be amputated but the truth is they hardly ever break the skin
I had a beagle that I probably released from traps 25 times. He would watch me set it, then go step in it. Never hurt him a lick, nor taught him a lesson either. :)

CritterCatcher

Don't rule out it being a housecat and its owner. I've seen housecats back miles in the woods hunting, even in old cutovers. People loose their mind about a wandering dog but think nothing of ol Tom cat out creeping.

House cat or feral cat. If it's a house cat, they get to go home. If it's a feral cat, not so much. Feral cats are responsible for the extinction of over 40 species of birds, yet cats don't have to be kept home. Go figure.