Somebody stole my trap

280 Man

Banned
House cat or feral cat. If it's a house cat, they get to go home. If it's a feral cat, not so much. Feral cats are responsible for the extinction of over 40 species of birds, yet cats don't have to be kept home. Go figure.

Ive caught a couple cats while trapping. I turned both loose. However, I wished I would have killed that solid black cat. That was one of the meanest animal Ive ever dealt with.

The grey striped cat was a big ol baby. It was rolling around at my feet purring while I was getting the trap loose.

cat1.jpgcat.jpg

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Ive caught a couple cats while trapping. I turned both loose. However, I wished I would have killed that solid black cat. That was one of the meanest animal Ive ever dealt with.

The grey striped cat was a big ol baby. It was rolling around at my feet purring while I was getting the trap loose.

View attachment 1062318View attachment 1062319
That grey striped cat looks like it may have some bengal cat in it.

buckpasser

View attachment 1062318View attachment 1062319

I haven’t caught a house cat in a foothold yet. Do they pull and damage themselves normally, or act more like a dog?

furtaker

I've caught a couple of cats before. They were both pretty docile. You couldn't even tell they had been in a trap by looking at their leg.

Doug B.

It's been a long time since I have caught a housecat or a feral cat. I don't know why. I see them fairly regularly. I saw one this morning while I was checking my traps.

280 Man

Banned
I haven’t caught a house cat in a foothold yet. Do they pull and damage themselves normally, or act more like a dog?

Neither of those cats had a scratch on them. That black cat jumped around a couple times but it finally settled down. Had to use my catch pole on it. That sucker was MEAN!!

That striped cat was as gentle as could be. I didn't have to use the catch pole. Used my hands to set it free..

Hillbilly stalker

Mite set another close by to where that one was, and set up a hidden trail camera up high.

Doug B.

How can you be,sure it was a dog owner not just a thief
Cause I don't think a random person would have been able to tell the trap was there. I don't know that it was a dog owner. I'm just guessing it was. There had been something in the trap. That's how they found it I think.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Cause I don't think a random person would have been able to tell the trap was there. I don't know that it was a dog owner. I'm just guessing it was. There had been something in the trap. That's how they found it I think.
Most hunters couldn’t find a trap properly set.

Doug B.

Just depends, I had a yote leave 3/4 of his foot in my trap Sunday night.
I don't really understand this. I have caught a lot of coyotes but I have never had one leave any part of their foot. They hardly ever even have the skin broke. I have caught them by just a couple of toes but still no damage. I must be doing something wrong.

Ray357

AWOL
I don't really understand this. I have caught a lot of coyotes but I have never had one leave any part of their foot. They hardly ever even have the skin broke. I have caught them by just a couple of toes but still no damage. I must be doing something wrong.
It happens every now and again. Had a fox leave half it's leg in the same trap a few weeks ago. Definitely rare. Not an everyday thing.