Someone is paying it..

Just 1 More

I've been watching the Ingram-Lagrand web site and I see leases pop up and be gone in a few days.. All of their properties are $15.00 per acre... a little to rich for my pockets :hammers:

duckbill

That blows my mind. Who'd have ever imagined that our beloved hunting would become a rich man's recreation?

H

HT2

Depends...........

On how the property is and what kind of deer they got..........

I never, ever thought I'd pay what I'm payin' now, but with the way the deer are on the piece of property I'd pay even more than I am now...........

GOOD DEER!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Junebug

Coming Soon to an area near YOU!!

It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I really think it'll come back down (or at least stop climbing so fast). At some point folks are gonna say "No thanks" and at that point, the supplier will actually have to shop his land around to find a taker or risk not leasing it out.

Of course...could be wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

Deerhead

If we don't pay it we will loos it!
We have been looking for other land (cheeper) can't find any!
Have no choice!

Walkie Takie

How long will you go ????????

It's really tough on the small club's , price keep going up and we're trying to keep dues down , hard to do without more new members, then you got problems w/ people too close and not hunting the same way's , some share some don't and , new members being treated bad ( like trash ) and now everyone wants power/ water and food plots ( you know ) so you got to add that money to the total , so when you call to collect money, it's ( WHAT ) MAN IT'S TOUGH OUT THERE /////// I wonder what the average
hunter pays ( just for the lease per year ) maybe 500.00 (+ ) not sure and when will he quit and start other hobby's ?????????
w/t hanging on :banginghe :huh: :banana:

Just 1 More

Every bit of work you do on someone else's land makes it that more valuable to them and any potential leasees.
Regardless of who gets to enjoy the fruit of your labor.. it is a labor of love (at least for me) and the true beneficiary,, is the wildlife.

What would be good,, if we all as a grup could agree to take a year off... not lease land,, not hunt,, and tell the land owners,, NO!
But i'm not dumb enough to think that would actually ever happen. As eveident by the leases being leased... people will pay it. It has become a buisness for some who lease then sub lease for profit. I would love to :whip: them

GeauxLSU

I wonder how many acres of leased land are represented by Woody's members? It would be interested to see what would happen if for one year, no one renewed their leases.
I realize it will never happen but it would be interesting...
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

H

HT2

Phil.........

Yep it would be interesting.........

But you're right..........

It just ain't gonna happen.......... :)

Timberman

I wonder how many acres of leased land are represented by Woody's members? It would be interested to see what would happen if for one year, no one renewed their leases.

Absolutetly nothing. The in boys would hunt all the prime tracts with glee, shoot up all your deer, then lease it back to the highest bidder whenever yall decided to come around.

Take it or leave it, leasing huinting rights, especially to industry, is considered extending a privilege and rates somewhere down there with selling pine straw...it ain't figured in the investment equation.

Go ahead and do it...please...I know a couple choice tracts I would get a crack at...Just a year or two prolly do it for me fine. :clap:

Larry Rooks

Unless you give up your opporunity to hunt, what else can you do but pay it.
And it ain't gonna get any better either. Lease prices will do nothing but increase over the next few years and still then more afterwards. I know many say "Go buy land and it's cheaper" but most can not afford to buy land, I know I can't. I lost a lease this year just becasue I did not have the money to pay when it was due, could not be helped. The days of permission hunting in Georgia is over with, land owners see that they can make a profit off of a hunter and will do so, can't really blame him either, they are taxed to death :banginghe

smitty

Cost per Acre!!

We lost 871 acres ,now they want to lease it back to us for a whooping $20. per acre :hair: plus insurance... :whip: This land is various stages of pines,from 2 y/o planted pines to 6y/o ,some hardwooods and some 20y/o pines as well.No electric,no water no Qdm county.Some people will pay,no dobt but thats them. :eek:

Madsnooker

We pay 10.00 per acre in Dooly but I'm nervous about the future.

There is a 500 acre piece next door that was part of other pieces in the county and two brothers from Atlanta just came in and leased it all for a rediculous price of 22.00 per acre. :eek: :crazy:

I'm afraid that when they see how good our piece is they will offer our land owner the same deal. :cry:

GeauxLSU

Madsnooker said:
We pay 10.00 per acre in Dooly but I'm nervous about the future.

There is a 500 acre piece next door that was part of other pieces in the county and two brothers from Atlanta just came in and leased it all for a rediculous price of 22.00 per acre. :eek: :crazy:

I'm afraid that when they see how good our piece is they will offer our land owner the same deal. :cry:
Y'all are just depressing me..... :cry:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Madsnooker

GeauxLSU said:
Y'all are just depressing me..... :cry:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

How do you think I felt when I found out. Just imagine, we paid $6000 for our lease and now the land owner could potentailly make $13,200. That does not put us in a very good situation. :rolleyes:

GeauxLSU

Madsnooker said:
How do you think I felt when I found out. Just imagine, we paid $6000 for our lease and now the land owner could potentailly make $13,200. That does not put us in a very good situation. :rolleyes:
Assuming you have 600 acres and don't want more than 12 people, then that would be $1,100 per person. Obviously if you wanted only 6 people then it's $2,200 per person. Either way.... NO WAY! :cry:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Madsnooker

GeauxLSU said:
Assuming you have 600 acres and don't want more than 12 people, then that would be $1,100 per person. Obviously if you wanted only 6 people then it's $2,200 per person. Either way.... NO WAY! :cry:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

The problem is it's only my family and we have to dig and claw each year to pull it off. Part of the lease is fields so 12 people would not be an option. Besides, we used to do the club thing and it just always seemed to be a problem. That's why we just lease for our family. We have been blessed with the piece we have in Dooly. Every year we take at least 1 deer scoring over 140 gross. The land owner has no idea of the quality of bucks we have taken.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. :huh:

GeauxLSU

Madsnooker said:
Every year we take at least 1 deer scoring over 140 gross.
Wow. Yeah, that's gonna change it for somebody.....
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Madsnooker

Phil,

That's why we have not told the land owner about the big bucks. We have been there for 7 years now and we have a great relationship with the land owner so I'm still optimistic.

Oh yea, how bout them Buckeye's. :cool:

Just kidding. I'm worried we might get hammered by the NCAA but that's for another day.