Someone is paying it..

Junebug

Not to say it still isn't this way, but I sometimes wonder?

Madsnooker said:
That's why we have not told the land owner about the big bucks. We have been there for 7 years now and we have a great relationship with the land owner so I'm still optimistic.

It used to be landowners wanted folks they could trust, were willing to help with a little work, were friends, looked after and cared for the land, shared a little meat, stopped in just to visit, etc. I don't see that quite as much nowadays.

I wonder if some have wished they had kept the old reliable gang hunting on their property as opposed to the bunch that feel, "Hey...I pay all this money I'm ENTITLED to basically do as I please." Throw in longterm lease agreements (5, 10, 15 years) and a landowner could get stuck with a bad bunch for a long time.

bull0ne

Banned
Madsnooker said:
Every year we take at least 1 deer scoring over 140 gross. The land owner has no idea of the quality of bucks we have taken.

QUOTE]

Smart move on your part, some have to learn the hard way.

buckmanmike

Reading this thread makes me really appreciate our land. Land has been our family now for four generations. Good hunting.

Coastie

Consider this, for $19.00 a year you have access to 1,000,000 acres of managed habitat in the state of Georgia. Get your WMA stamp and hunt to your hearts delight on everything from coastal plain to the mountains of north Georgia from August 15th to May the 15th of the following year. I know the allure of your own private piece of hunting property is attractive and the ability to manage it to your own design is a great thing, but when the landlord says it's my way or the highway what are you going to do?
Beyond that, there are 800,000 acres of the Chattahoochee National Forest plus the Oconee National Forest and the various Military reservations that can be hunted for the cost of a hunting license and big game license.

raghorn

The Blue Ridge Trapper said:
Consider this, for $19.00 a year you have access to 1,000,000 acres of managed habitat in the state of Georgia. Get your WMA stamp and hunt to your hearts delight on everything from coastal plain to the mountains of north Georgia from August 15th to May the 15th of the following year. I know the allure of your own private piece of hunting property is attractive and the ability to manage it to your own design is a great thing, but when the landlord says it's my way or the highway what are you going to do?
Beyond that, there are 800,000 acres of the Chattahoochee National Forest plus the Oconee National Forest and the various Military reservations that can be hunted for the cost of a hunting license and big game license.
The problem with WMA's is that most firearms hunts are held on weekdays and the average working man only has so many days vacation to use for it,not to mention the driving and expense to hunt all over Ga.the way they are scattered out.National Forest land in my area is so shot out and overhunted about all its good for is parking lot land. ::ke:

short stop

wow --shot out ''parking land '' ----RAGHORN you need to hunt in N. GA you can get lost in nat. forest land --you can walk for miles and miles 'DAYS '' and never see 1 human being . Your average hunter from the flat land goes home and doesnt go back .

raghorn

I do hunt in N.W. Ga. , and believe me any land that can be accessed in this area looks like a blue light special at K-Mart the first month of the season and not much better after that. We lost our lease due to the Bowater sale, Over 90,000 acres ,most of it in this area will soon no longer be available , and the clubs have lists a mile long with names waiting to join.Most of the Chattahoochie land is surrounded by private property with very few easements to gain access.The land situation around here is getting serious.