Something To Contemplate

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Sorry brother, I can't give them a free pass when I'm on my property and so close to the house. Everywhere else I would but not home.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Take them to public land for the public good and listen to the howls. LOL

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Take them to public land for the public good and listen to the howls. LOL

As long as you don`t relocate them over a half mile, they`ll generally be ok.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I didn't realize you couldn't take them further. Does that apply to oak snakes and black snakes as well? I have a friend whose wife wants them gone from her area and he has brought me several. We moved them about 2 miles as the crow flies.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I didn't realize you couldn't take them further. Does that apply to oak snakes and black snakes as well? I have a friend whose wife wants them gone from her area and he has brought me several. We moved them about 2 miles as the crow flies.

I`m not sure about other snakes, but you don`t need to move a rattlesnake any further than a half mile from where you found it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Snakes generally don't relocate well.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
From “Her Area”. I bet the snakes were there a lot longer

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Yes but she lives there now and believes that God gave her dominion over all animals living nearby. LOL

Gary Mercer

Snakes can have the area, 'cause this old boy has been bit by a sidewinder, and had a Cobra crawl over his foot. So don't tell me how pretty they are, one of us is going to have to leave.