Sonny's BBQ in Marianna Fl.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Last Sunday night we were eating in Sonny's BBQ. A group of duck hunters came in & sat across from us. I noticed they were trying to take a group picture & offered to take it for them.
I took a couple of pics for them & we chatted a bit.

Afterwards I wondered if any of the group were members here. I wished I would have thought to ask.

Just curious if any of the group might be members?

Swamprat

Swamprat
Probably not members....most of the Florida folks on here are around Tally and further East and South.

More than likely some Jackson or Bay County fellas hunting Seminole or maybe up at Euafala. Know a few who are into the boloney sammich of the sky big time, will ask around.

4HAND

Staff member
I think some might have been out of state. I mentioned how cold it would be on Monday morning & one of the guys said something about hunting "back home" at -5°. I think I overheard them talking about hunting in La too.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Who knows then....maybe just a stopping off point to where ever they was going.

Course could live around the area and just referring to back home as to where he use to live. Know several from this area that go to LA to duck hunt.

4HAND

Staff member
Who knows then....maybe just a stopping off point to where ever they was going.

Course could live around the area and just referring to back home as to where he use to live. Know several from this area that go to LA to duck hunt.
That's true. I know one thing. If they got in a boat at daylight & braved that cold wind, they're tough! ?

Swamprat

Swamprat
Heck, even with no wind that boat ride would be brutal unless they were hugging a Mr. Buddy heater. Dang dogs would stay in their boxes saying....nah, we good.

Gonna be around 25 Wednesday morning.. Like cooler weather but not this junk. Course not as bad I think in 2013 or 2014 when we had 7 days where the high did not get above 32 in NW Florida....Interstate was closed a few times from Pensacola to Tallahassee due to possible icing.

Have a friend who is retired from FHP but was working then...they used FHP as test drivers to see if anything was iced over. He told me he made it from Chipley to Pensacola and back in just above 2 hours, 110 miles each way. No traffic so he let it air out and said he was on fumes when he got back to Chipley. He had a drug dog so he basically worked from Jackson to Escambia County if the need arose.

Asked him what would have happened if he hit ice...."We wouldn't be talking bro"

7 point

I wonder the same thing when I see fellow hunters going down the road with hunt club stickers in there back window .I always look for a GON sticker

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Heck, even with no wind that boat ride would be brutal unless they were hugging a Mr. Buddy heater. Dang dogs would stay in their boxes saying....nah, we good.

Gonna be around 25 Wednesday morning.. Like cooler weather but not this junk. Course not as bad I think in 2013 or 2014 when we had 7 days where the high did not get above 32 in NW Florida....Interstate was closed a few times from Pensacola to Tallahassee due to possible icing.

Have a friend who is retired from FHP but was working then...they used FHP as test drivers to see if anything was iced over. He told me he made it from Chipley to Pensacola and back in just above 2 hours, 110 miles each way. No traffic so he let it air out and said he was on fumes when he got back to Chipley. He had a drug dog so he basically worked from Jackson to Escambia County if the need arose.

Asked him what would have happened if he hit ice...."We wouldn't be talking bro"

Lol, that was FL cold. Put a 8" snowman on the deck and it stayed for 4 days!

MudDucker

Staff member
Ain't got no sticker, wasn't there and I don't eat at a Sonny's unless it is the only game in town.