My jointer showed off a little today.

Attachments

• 31FBC910-C951-4653-804A-6299E07516ED.jpeg
    31FBC910-C951-4653-804A-6299E07516ED.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 57

Cmp1

BANNED
Can't like that one,,,,? ? ? ?

Had a close call with my tablesaw once, even with anti kickback tools in place,,,,scary,,,,thing is that my inner sense told me,,,,I didn't pay attention,,,,I do now,,,,

believer

My jointer showed off a little today.
Unfortunately they will all show off. I had a kickback break one of fingers in three places. The impact split my finger from below my fingernail around the tip down to the first joint line on the inside.
It doesn’t take long to be reminded either

walkinboss01

I had a good buddies dad cut off three fingers. He’s a master carpenter, and he said I was just tired and a little careless. It literally takes a split second.

Anvil Head

Yeah.....tools just ain't got no respect for flesh and bones.
I've been forging blades now for a little over 30 years, and I still pick up a hot one now and then. And we won't even talk about singed facial hair from forge poots.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Just put some saw dust and wood glue on it you’ll be fine. Seriously though, I’ve been bit a time or two, scary how quick it happens.

gunnurse

Looks like you got a painful case of Covid

I actually off today because my wife has CoViD. When I woke up with a productive cough, my employer had me take a CoViD rapid test. I couldn’t work until it resulted. I did this while I was waiting. Does that mean that this is a CoViD induced injury?

j_seph

I actually off today because my wife has CoViD. When I woke up with a productive cough, my employer had me take a CoViD rapid test. I couldn’t work until it resulted. I did this while I was waiting. Does that mean that this is a CoViD induced injury?
Exactly

Head East

Ouch. Didn’t need to see that. :LOL:

Anvil Head

Just another statistic now!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Joiners can be rough. I have known two men with only one complete finger on a hand compliments of one of those.

gunnurse

Just built a push lock last night.

Cmp1

BANNED
Just don't get in a hurry or forget to use it. Dad had his choice of 3 or 4 push blocks but was in too much of a hurry to take the 5 steps it would have taken to get one.
I was really tired at the time of my incident,,,,didn't listen to my inner sense,,,,I was using a real nice old craftsman push stick,,,,

gunnurse

All better now. Just a little crooked looking.43A67737-5AF2-4F40-8F66-861620935776.jpeg